5'2" 180 pounds... friends

Options
I'm 5'2" I'm currently 180 lbs (gross) and I am looking for friends that are fun sized like me :)
I need ALOT of motication! My stress and moods get the best of me! I have 2 boys and a busy schedule! Let's be friends... compare notes and help each other out!!!!

Replies

• freedski1
    freedski1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think u sound fabulous. Not a gross thing about you! I'll add you! :)
  • freedski1
    freedski1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    PS I'm 5'4"
  • Time4Lexi
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 187 pounds!!! I have three kids all very close in age. The weight keeps adding onto me and It is time to change that. I am new at this. This is only my secound day on MFP. I really need the push to take the time make myself workout. I will send you a friend request. Anyone else feel free to add me. :)
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I was 5'1... til my doctor said I was 5' and a quarter inch last year :(

Highest weight: 185+ lbs
    Lowest weight: 116 lbs
    Current weight: 130 lbs

MY STORY: My whole life I was overweight/obese - but I was never teased or made fun of in high school so I never felt the emotional need to lose the weight, although I knew I needed to. It wasn't until June 2008 (I was 21 at the time) when my college roommate wanted to go on the master cleanse diet to lose some weight for graduation. The entire apartment decided to support her, so we did it for 10 days and I ended up losing 15 lbs. This is what started it. I started working out and plateued for a couple months only losing 5 more. I was a vegetarian at the time, so I decided to take the full plunge into veganism and within 8 months I had lost 48 more lbs (from eating on a strict vegan diet and working out). I have since stopped being vegan and have gained back about 12-14 lbs and hover at 128-130 lbs over time at 5'0/5'1. So now I'm on MFP to healthily lose those 15lbs again and maybe even more.

Long story short... good luck on your journey - you can so do this! Add me!

P.S. you look gorg!
  • LiqueLique89
    LiqueLique89 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and also 5'2". At my highest, i weighed 197 [in august 2011]. I currently weigh 168 and my goal is to be between 130 and 135. I was set in my ways when i first started [in march 2011] and took control when I hit my highest weight. I know that if I can lose 29lbs in almost a year, then anyone can do this!

We can be friends...I'm always willing to support and motivate because I know that that's the most important thing [no one want to feel like their on this journey alone] :flowerforyou:
  • BraydensProudMommy
    Options
    I'm similar...except I only have one boy, and have an extra 5 lbs. I completely understand stress getting the best of you! That's been me all year. Good luck!
  • kallimoser11
    Options
    Im back! I tore my ACL a few months ago while running and that really effected my weight loss and excercise. I have gained back all my weight plus 10 pounds. I am ready to start logging my food again and getting some excercise in that i am able to. If you want to add me.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot nothing! You can add me :)
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a lot taller, but I was equal at my height. Let's motivate!
  • sunnyj81
    sunnyj81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    4'11" here. I am at my highest ever at 170 and am shooting for 120. I don't have children, but stress tends to get the best of me. Lately, I've been doing much better with controlling my eating and have lost a few pounds. It's just getting to the exercise portion that I'm working on now. I have made a goal to start running and would like to run a half-marathon by December next year. I wish you luck on your journey and will send you a request!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    5'3" here and 51 years old and stressed to the max. I was at 179lbs last Christmas Eve, I'm down 40lbs and currently 'building muscle' and finishing C25K! I'm at 142lbs and I'd like to lose 10 more.
    Add me if you'd like. I'll help support you. :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" I'm currently 180 lbs (gross) and I am looking for friends that are fun sized like me :)
    I need ALOT of motication! My stress and moods get the best of me! I have 2 boys and a busy schedule! Let's be friends... compare notes and help each other out!!!!

You can do it! I'm 5'1" and weighed over 170, dropped 60 lbs and have maintained for over a year. My kids are grown but if I know when I was young that all that matters is calories I could probably have dropped this fat even when I was raising kids. I always had time for exercise. Anyway, if I can do it with all my older lady health issues anyone can. :)
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 and at my heaviest I was 183. I definitely understand how you feel. I am now about 152 pounds with more weight to lose. Add me for support.
  • britandryan6
    britandryan6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and was 156 at my highest and im now trying to maintain in the 120s :)
  • healthyfit_Sara
    Options
    This is my first week using myfitnesspal and so far I am doing good. I am a SAHM of four kids under the age of 7. Now that we are done having childern i want to fit back into my clothes i could fit into before childern. I am only 5'1 and 193 pounds. I could really use some more friends on here. I will send you a friend request.
  • lvdesertdiva
    lvdesertdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :flowerforyou: I am 5'2" too and at my heaviest I was 188 - I am currently 163.5, wanting to get to 125-135. I am a mom of 2 - soon to be grandma, working a desk job, and the lbs have slowly crept up over the years. I recently got the BodyMedia Fit Link, and have been using it about 2½ weeks, so far I am down 5lbs. I could use friends that are "short in stature" with similar stats!!
  • laura_lynn66
    Options

You can do it! I'm 5'1" and weighed over 170, dropped 60 lbs and have maintained for over a year. My kids are grown but if I know when I was young that all that matters is calories I could probably have dropped this fat even when I was raising kids. I always had time for exercise. Anyway, if I can do it with all my older lady health issues anyone can. :)

And she has pictures to prove it! Being 46, myself, California Girl, at age 51 is a great inspiration!

I'm vertically challenged, myself, so anyone here, please feel free to add me as well! I am committing myself to getting some type of exercise every single day and MFP helps me to stay accountable...when you look at these success stories on here they are amazingly motivating..absolutely unbelievable! Good Luck :)
  • Mikaylawalter3
    Options
    I just started this today. Looking for friends on the same page as me. I am 200 pounds. My goal weight is 140. I have always been a yo- yo loser. I am ready to change that. i'll send you a request.
  • lucywantstoloseit
    Options
    I'm 5'1, 177lbs, goal weight of 112lb so 65 to go! Got a little boy and it can be really hard having to buy yummy treats for them and cooking nicer things than what you're eating, but we can do this! Add me guys :) x