How do you know what your ideal what is?

Options
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR IDEAL WEIGHT IS? I'm not talking about according to a scale, BMI chart, doctor, etc. I'm saying that according to your inner self, when do you know when you are at a good place and should slow down and just maintain weight? I'm asking this because more recently, I am getting the "you should slow down and just try to maintain" speeches or comments from different people. However, I feel as if I want to keep going as long as my body will let me. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    OOPS- SHOULD BE WEIGHT- NOT WHAT IS :ohwell:
  • shasslock
    Options
    Only you know where you want to be. Don't listen to anyone else...and I mean ANYONE!
    Your true friends and your family should respect you for your thoughts on the subject. For instance, Tony likes big girls. He met me 30 pounds ago probably, BUT he doesn't really care if I choose to lose more or not. He said I need to be happy with my body and his thoughts on the subject are moot. (reason #1,482 that I adore that man).
    I've never been "normal" sized, so I'm not even sure where I want to be..I do know I want to be smaller than where I am now. I'll know when I'm happy with my size and so will you.
  • ELIZZY20
    Options
    Well, I'm not entirely sure where it is now ... but I'm not so sure that you'll know. When I was in high school, I was 5'5, around 125-129 lbs, and in very good shape. Looking back, I ate very little, and very healthy, and I was at dance class five days a week. I was always worrying about weight though, and wished I could be thinner. Then I went to university, gained 25 lbs, and now I'm working on losing it. I'm down to about 144 (weighed in about 2 weeks ago), and I know I've got a ways to go. But I'm not sure what I want to be, only that I think it would be unhealthy for me personally to be any less than 120. People don't comment on my body either way, so I'm probably "fine", but being in a leotard 3 times a week has made me want to lose the extra. All this to say, I think you'd have to go with stats over "feelings."