Good idea or not?

Options
So i bought this shirt the other day...it is a belly shirt, most likely to be worn when jogging or going to the beach. As of right now I would not be caught dead in a belly shirt. However, i have decided that every couple of days or so I am going to put this shirt on and I will not stop working out and toning up until I feel comfortable enough to walk out my front door in it. Is this a good idea or am I setting myself up for dissapointment?

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    whatever motivates you I say DO IT!
    Good luck!!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'd say pull it out every couple weeks, maybe once a month....couple days isn't going to show you enough results, and you might get discouraged...couple weeks, you will see some results and get motivated.
  • Desiderata
    Options
    Definitely a good idea if thats what keeps you on track. I constantly write down what i eat, a friend of mine keeps the shorts she had once worn as a reminder of what she doesn't want to be, and my sister recently bought a size 4 dress so she can wear it to her 10 year reunion, knowing she'll be a size 4 by July.

You can only set yourself up for disappointment if thats what you think will happen. Its a self fulfilling prophecy. So keep at it! :wink:
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. I would say couple of days is too often.

Maybe put it on once a month and take a photo of you wearing it. Then you will have a timeline of your changes. Maybe even hold a card with the date and your current weight for each picture.

I might do something like this myself. I have a pair of pants I bought in college (6 years ago) that I have been wanting to wear, and still have not worn. They still have the tags on them. Maybe I will try them on every once in a while. :)
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. I would say couple of days is too often.

Maybe put it on once a month and take a photo of you wearing it. Then you will have a timeline of your changes. Maybe even hold a card with the date and your current weight for each picture.

I might do something like this myself. I have a pair of pants I bought in college (6 years ago) that I have been wanting to wear, and still have not worn. They still have the tags on them. Maybe I will try them on every once in a while. :)

This is a great idea! Thank you! I hope that you get into those pants!