Sides for chicken

Options
I eat a whole lot of chicken. I always vary how I make the chicken and I never get bored with it. I often struggle with things to serve with the chicken. What do some of you do?

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    The other night I cooked ( on the stove ) some fresh green beens and sliced cheery tomatoes in half - then poured a little light Kraft Italian dressing over them - so good :)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetables! Broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, green beans...all are very tasty. Also fond of sauteed cabbage with garlic, ginger, and little soy sauce for an asian-y side dish. I use the bag of slaw mix because I'm lazy : )
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Look up "side dishes" on some good recipe websites. I suggest cookinglight.com, eatingwell.com, epicurious.com they all allow you to search according to ingredient and/or specific nutritional guidelines.

Obviously, the possibilities are virtually endless.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Veggies. or salad
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Steamed brocolli with a little cheese
    Brown rice & Veggies
    Baked sweet potatoe friens and corn
    Califlower mashed potatoes ( not really potatoes )
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Tonight we're having steamed broccoli and a baked potato with ours. Even with butter on my potato it all adds up to less than 500 calories. Yum!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I loved green beans steamed (no more than 3 minutes so they stay crisp) with just a touch of butter, some lemon juice, and a sprinkling of kosher salt.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Rice, beans, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, oven-roasted root veg (carrots, parsnips)