Insanity Exercise & Loss of Appetite

Options
Me and my girlfriend are currently doing Insanity and just finished day 12, I'm just power hungry and eating so much through the day (within calories of course) but my girlfriend is having quite the opposite effect, she is barely eating through the day which is really not good for her considering the amount of exercise Insanity puts you through, she has just lost her Appetite completely. Even drinking something such as a protein shake which she loves, seems a struggle...

Any suggestions on how she can get this under control?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Me and my girlfriend are currently doing Insanity and just finished day 12, I'm just power hungry and eating so much through the day (within calories of course) but my girlfriend is having quite the opposite effect, she is barely eating through the day which is really not good for her considering the amount of exercise Insanity puts you through, she has just lost her Appetite completely. Even drinking something such as a protein shake which she loves, seems a struggle...

Any suggestions on how she can get this under control?

Perhaps to get some movement on this too.

I'd say don't do the big gulps of water right after the session if you've been drinking decently during it.

The brain should know it needs nourishment to be as strong for tomorrow's session.

So have a 2% chocolate milk available and gulp that down. Great post workout snack for recovery within 30 min, 4:1 ratio of carbs:prot.

And perhaps the sessions are too intense, and she's plateaued already. So while feeling like you are pushing just has hard, because you haven't gotten good recovery, you really aren't pushing as hard, just feels like it.

Is she sore going into the next workout, or wornout/tired, or both?
  • polza1888
    polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    She just boaked reading about the chocolate milk haha..

She has the 'No Hunger' issue all day, from morning until night. She gets through the workouts and is full of energy, sleeps well enough and drinks water but not gulps, drinks through the workouts..

She's not really sore afterwords, she was the first few days into it but feels fine now
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    She might want to go see a doctor....It might be something completely unrelated to the workout - but it is never good to do that and not eat well, never mind eat nothing....
    I do Chalene Extreme and run, and I do have less of an appetite the days I do the weights part and for a couple of hours after running, but I eat well before I do anything...And after a long run I can eat anything that stays in one place for longer than 3 seconds...And Insanity is a lot of cardio, she should get hungry some time...
  • polza1888
    polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yea i'm a little concerned about this, but it has just happened when doing Insanity, so not sure if maybe she's just doing to much exercise. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I thought she would have eat more and would need to increase her intake, didn't expect this

Thanks for the replies :)