3pm

Options
It's 3pm and I just hit that afternoon slump. Earlier today I was so motivated to hit the gym tonight! There is a PiYo class that I really enjoy but now I just feel so....BLAH. I just want to go home and be lazy.

How do you get over the afternoon hump?

Replies

• Casfarren
    Casfarren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Eat some protein! Seriously, it is probably just some midday exhaustion kicking in. We all feel it. But I find that if I push through it with what I am doing and have a little snack for a pick-me-up, I can usually push through it. Also, I find that thinking about how I am going to feel in the morning knowing that I was too lazy the day before to take care of my body usually fuels me back up. Just work on reminding yourself why you are going in the first place! Giving in to being tired and lazy is part of how I got to the weight I am at now so thinking about making to conscious decision to change usually gives me the kick in the butt I need!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    5 Hour Energy
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Lucky for me I work somewhere I can take my hour lunch whenever. I usually leave by three because that's when I'm dragging and I go walk or somethign active. Helps a TON.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    caffeine
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    244.jpg?9d7bd4
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Just go anyway, you'll feel better. I go through the same bit. I always dress for the gym at work during the last few minutes, then head for the gym -- but there have been several embarassing times when, all dressed up and ready, I'll duck down (as if it won't see me that way) and drive right past, straight home.

Don't do that to yourself. You'll feel better and be closer to your goals if you just go. :P

Don't let your brain get in the way of the pact you have with your body.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Coffee! GO, you will be glad you did.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    244.jpg?9d7bd4

Now that's funny.

And, Fire_Rock, you shall forever be known as Fire_C@ck. Whoever that guy was, he was funny. I miss him.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    244.jpg?9d7bd4
    ^^^^^^
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I eat my "tea" just before 3 pm, and I normally have minimal calories left for my dinner if I am going to hit my calorie goal for the day, so if I don't exercise my dinner is going to be very small. Actually I love working out, but having just 250 calories left for the day is another big motivator.
  • LilMissImperfect
    Options
    I usually eat a banana or sometimes a 5-hour energy drink. Might not be the most healthy thing to drink but it gets me so jittery I just gotta work out LOL.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Snickers says so on the commercial.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    "It's not about how you feel before your workout.... it's about how your are going to feel after your workout." !!You've Got This!!

I feel like sitting in front of the TV or the computer every night when I get home from work...so I do it for one hour...then look out b/c after that one hour I am in workout mode until I am finished. It feels so awesome afterwards.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    i look at all the kick *kitten* motivational posters on Pinterest to keep me motivated and even save the best ones on my computer ha ha the background on my cell phone is of my dream body which also makes a huge difference.