NSV? Or alien abduction??

Options
So here I am, the 'I hate running, I've always hated running, I can't run...' poster child. I got over myself after I got on MFP and started C25K (have no idea what possessed me at that time) Finished week 6 day 3 yesterday, all 'according to schedule' and the nice lady that tells me what to do when I put my headphones on and go out. So yesterday I asked my MFP friends to please nudge me (or give a swift kick) late Friday if I have not 'reported in' that I completed week 7 day 1. Well, I got off work and felt the total urge to go and run.........WHAT?!?!?! So I went and finished week 7 day 1 (a day early...) just like the lady told me to and felt really good! So someone - please check if I have a scar or implant or something because I am sure I must have been abducted and reprogrammed by some strange green men......:noway:

Replies

• Casfarren
    Casfarren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've heard that running can be addictive! Personally, I am still in the place where you were before you started so I have trouble believing that, but just know that you are apparently not the only one!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not a runner (obviously) but I can say that I've had a similar experience with working out and weight lifting. I "puttered" around with it for years, off and on, on and off... never seriously sticking with it for more than 2-3 months at a time. But about a year and a half ago, it's like something *clicked* and ever since then I'm usually itching to get off from work and hit the weights on my workout days. Haven't really checked for any implants, though...... :ohwell:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    This gives me hope! I am also NOT a runner, but I have this sort of urge to try lately. I am planning on starting C25K next week
  • MizKittyB
    MizKittyB Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have never been a runner -- I'm absolutely stuck on Week 4, Day 1 -- I just can't find the endurance for that second 4-minute interval! :( This week, I've just done Week 3, Day 3 over and over again, instead.

But I agree, running (well, jogging and walking) is really addictive - I love being out while it's dark and the neighborhood is super quiet, because everyone's inside at dinner or hasn't gotten up yet. It's such a soothing feeling.
  • LilMissImperfect
    Options
    I've heard about the C25K thing, how does that work? Also I'm 350 LBs so wondering if I could even jog let alone run..... lol
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    started running 3 days ago - also an adamant "ANYTHING BUT RUNNING" supporter, so it took a lot to get me out for the first time - and I WANTED TO GO AGAIN RIGHT AFTER.

Going after work today and I am ITCHING. Can't believe I never loved it before.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    It sounds like aliens to me, but at least they implanted something useful so run with it!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Haha! I know exactly what you mean. I am a total running addict since completing c25k back in early June. I've already run 3 5k races (one of which I came in second in my age group), and can't stand to have to miss a scheduled run. :-)
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I can't run (not enough left of one knee) but I have been hitting the treadmill lately which is something I've always HATED - part of it is that I'm staying with a friend and she has a treadmill that doesn't hurt my knees, which is a first, but then again it's been so long since I've tried that the technology for all current 'mills is probably about the same...now it really bothers me when I can't get a day in. I have friends who have known me for 30 years that can't believe it and I can't either...but hadn't thought about the little green men thing. I think they put the chip in the back of your neck, don't they?....gonna check it out during my shower...

:)
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It's aliens.
    After I started working out more seriously, they've replaced my flabby arms with a pair of more nicely shaped ones.
    And given me the stamina to exercise 4 days a week.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I hear you! As soon as my late lunch settles I'm heading out for week4day3. I'll have to go w/out my hubby this time because he isn't feeling well. So, we'll have to see how I do on my own.

Quite frankly I'm afraid I've been abducted too. Not only am I running, but I'm running in the rain! Huh? Go figure.