Fitness NSV!

Options
Angylgrrl
Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
Hello all!

I just got back from a jog. I had what I consider a huge NSV today! I jogged 3.53 miles (more than 5K!) in 41:37, and my split times DECREASED with each mile! Mile 1- 13:22, Mile 2- 11:50, Mile 3- 10:06.

This is such a big deal to me, because up until the last month, I have not jogged in over a year, and honestly, not much at all in the last 5 years. I had knee surgery last year, and until recently was really concerned about re-injuring it, but I had to take a leap of faith that the weight I had already lost would help by taking pressure off of my knee.

I can honestly say that I now consider myself a runner! Not a fast one or a great one, but it's loads better than doing nothing! This inspires me to actually sign up for a real 5K sometime soon. I can train more to shave time off, but I know I can do it because I've done it a couple of times now!

Just so excited! :happy:

Replies

• clynch1968
    clynch1968 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!! A 5k is a goal of mine. So happy for you, Great job.
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I just got back from a jog. I had what I consider a huge NSV today! I jogged 3.53 miles (more than 5K!) in 41:37, and my split times DECREASED with each mile! Mile 1- 13:22, Mile 2- 11:50, Mile 3- 10:06.

This is such a big deal to me, because up until the last month, I have not jogged in over a year, and honestly, not much at all in the last 5 years. I had knee surgery last year, and until recently was really concerned about re-injuring it, but I had to take a leap of faith that the weight I had already lost would help by taking pressure off of my knee.

I can honestly say that I now consider myself a runner! Not a fast one or a great one, but it's loads better than doing nothing! This inspires me to actually sign up for a real 5K sometime soon. I can train more to shave time off, but I know I can do it because I've done it a couple of times now!

Just so excited! :happy:

That is totally Awesome. WTG. Running is such a high.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Always feels good to decrease those times and even better in the same run. YEAH!!
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I am happy to finally feel comfortable with exercising and actually find myself enjoying it more and more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!