My 7 Month Transformation!

Options
CoachReddy
CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
P90X. The Asylum. Body Beast.

I love Beachbody programs, and I'm a Coach - I'm not gonna beat around the bush. But I'm not some brainwashed drone. Far from it. I dig the programs purely because they WORK. Anyone who claims otherwise gave up and quit without finishing.

Anyway, enough of THAT. lol here's my story.

I'm a professional singer and actor living in NYC, and I've always been scrawny. In 2009 I decided it was time to change that, so I picked up a copy of P90X. Six months and two rounds of the X later, I was in great shape. It was HARD, but in the end my results were exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, just because you did it, doesn't mean you can stop and go back to your old way of life. That was me. After my two rounds, I subsequently packed up and moved from Chicago to the Big Apple, and in the transition, my workouts got left in the dust. And as I got older, instead of just scrawny, I got to that "skinny fat" stage. The truth is, you don't have to be obese to be unhealthy.

Fast forward to October 2012. I was finishing a run of a rock musical in Manhattan, when I got a powerful respiratory infection. I had to power through and perform anyway, and I severely damaged my voice in the process. Essentially, because of that illness and my bad health habits - diet, lack of sleep, general not taking care of myself - I took myself out of commission for a whole six months. An actor who can't perform or even audition isn't doing anyone any good, so I realized I needed to make a big change. If I didn't, my entire career would be at risk.

I started my NEW fitness journey in March, dusting off the ole P90X. I cut out dairy, I refuse to ingest high-fructose corn syrup (or any processed foods for that matter), and I've eliminated almost all alcohol. Today I live a much healthier lifestyle, and my voice is back and working like it should. MFP was INVALUABLE in all of it. Using this site is how I learned to eat well. It's just the best. :) And the pictures speak for themselves.

beastbeforeafter.jpg

But I'm not done! The plan is to train harder and harder and eventually try out for American Ninja Warrior! No joke! I'm adding Rock Climbing and Cross Fit to my Beachbody training regimen to give me more tangible skills and grip strength. Anybody who knew me before March would think this is insane, but I'm a whole new me and I love it!

Replies

• wolfehound22
    Options
    Great job, never new your whole story, glad to know it now. Keep out up
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! GREAT JOB!! :) Your success is very inspiring - keep up the great work! and GOOD LUCK on the next audition! :)
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :)
  • Zenabel
    Zenabel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    fantastic! your hard work def paid off!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!