Hello, from South Dakota...

Options
Hello everyone!! I joined about 5 days ago and looking forward to my first weigh in! I'm from South Dakota but have been riding along with my husband for two years. He's a truck driver. I recently went to the doctor and found out I have high blood pressure and am at the largest I've ever been; 265! UGH!! My doctor wanted me to lose weight instead of giving me pills; so here I am. I was around 200 when I got in the truck. I had some bad eating habits before I went out on the road, but they got worse when I went on the road. I'd eat when I was bored, and large portions too. My husband has gained some weight too but not as much as I. He is at 217 so I've got much more too lose than he.

My jeans size is really frightening; 20/22. I swore I'd never let myself get over 18 but here I am at 265. I've got 100 lbs to lose and I am determined to do it. We are counting calories and walking. It is tough sometimes with my asthma but I just have to stick with it! No pain no gain right! If anyone want to lend support feel free to friend me! :)

Replies

• mancheethebanshee
    mancheethebanshee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) Welcome to MFP! :) I think it's good that you're here, and that you're looking forward to your first weigh-in. :) It seems like you're making some positive steps in the direction you want to go, which is great. That's great that your husband supports you! Feel free to add me if you want support / motivation.

Best of luck :)
  • vickij2
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! MFP is a great community. Feel free to add me.
  • mjderby
    mjderby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Feel free to add this Minnesota girl!
  • saraedens
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! Look forward to the support and giving some in return!!!