Sit-Ups, Squats, Lunges, Etc.

Options
I am currently 290 pounds. I want to know if doing sit-ups, squats, lunges, etc. would produce weight/fat loss for me. Can I do these types of exercises at this weight or would I need to lose more weight before doing these? Usually these exercises are used for toning up, so I am unsure.

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    You should always do strength training...its never too early to start.
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    I am currently 290 pounds. I want to know if doing sit-ups, squats, lunges, etc. would produce weight/fat loss for me. Can I do these types of exercises at this weight or would I need to lose more weight before doing these? Usually these exercises are used for toning up, so I am unsure.

If you can then do it! And add some cardio, fix your diet (get your calories from clean sources) and be on a caloric deficit so you'll lose that weight.. Also add tons of patience, dedication and be consistent. It will take some time.. Don't rush it baby. :)
  • lenartn
    lenartn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started on here about a month ago at 280, 2 weeks in I started doing 30 day shred workouts, which uses weights, sit ups, squats, lunges etc. I also started this week completing some of the daily mini challenges. One day 150 crunches, the next day 100 squats, and so on. So I do those and still do the workouts at night. I see a greater weight loss when doing them and I feel like my stomach is melting much faster, and I still weigh 262. Take it slow, break them up but go for it!
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I started on here about a month ago at 280, 2 weeks in I started doing 30 day shred workouts, which uses weights, sit ups, squats, lunges etc. I also started this week completing some of the daily mini challenges. One day 150 crunches, the next day 100 squats, and so on. So I do those and still do the workouts at night. I see a greater weight loss when doing them and I feel like my stomach is melting much faster, and I still weigh 262. Take it slow, break them up but go for it!

That's a really good idea. Thank you. I'm going to give myself a new challenge each day.