Ham and Asparagus Gratin (Casserole)

Options
amanda89
amanda89 Posts: 19
Going to make this tonight, hope its good! I will let everyone know.

Ham, cheese and asparagus are baked together with seasonings and corkscrew pasta in a cheesy sauce to make this savory baked casserole.

Ingredients:

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Asparagus Soup
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups cooked cut asparagus
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
2 1/4 cups corkscrew-shaped pasta (rotini), cooked and drained
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese OR Swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)

Directions:

Stir the soup, milk, onion powder, black pepper, asparagus, ham, pasta and 1/2 cup cheese in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.

Bake at 400°F. for 25 minutes or until the ham mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the ham mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Nutrition Information

Nutritional Values per Serving

Using Campbell' s Cream of Asparagus Soup: : Calories 465, Total Fat 20g, Saturated Fat 9g, Cholesterol 66mg, Sodium 1497mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Protein 29g, Vitamin A 23%DV, Vitamin C 9%DV, Calcium 27%DV, Iron 16%DV

**Good way to cut out some calories and fat - use half the amount of cheese, or no cheese.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    the Sodium content seems extremely high for one meal, almost a whole day's worth; make sure you drink a few extra glasses of water today and tonight.
  • hellokitty2292
    Options
    Wow, this sounds amazingly yummy. I love asparagus. Let me know how it is! It might just be my dinner for Tuesday nights "Lost" night.
  • gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I just might have to try that too.
  • amanda89
    amanda89 Posts: 19
    Options
    the Sodium content seems extremely high for one meal, almost a whole day's worth; make sure you drink a few extra glasses of water today and tonight.

Yes your right, it must be because of the canned soup. Canned food is always so high in sodium.
    Any suggestions on how to reduce sodium?