Skechers Shape-Ups

Options
Does anyone else wear these shoes? I just got some yesterday and love them.

For those who don't know what they are they are a pair of shoes with a rounded bottom deigned to help you loose weight, tone and shape your legs, and improve posture. They have them in different styles and for different purposes. I got the Shape and Toning shoes. They look like regular sneakers execpt for the bottom of them.

At first my fiance told me to get them because I have an ankle problem from a car wreck. I'm unable to put my foot flat on the ground because of it, so I limp badly and my right leg isn't as strong as my left. At first I tried on the walking pair of shoes, and didn't like them. But the shape and toning pair improve my walking and it feels like walking on a bubble! I can also feel it working the muscles in my right leg that haven't been used much in two years. It's a strange feeling, but great! The pavement at my apartment complex doesn't hurt my feet anymore either. I don't think I will ever buy another kind of shoes!

There is only one negative thing about them. The cost $99.99 + tax. But they are worth it!

Replies

• greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Don't have any yet, but plan to get a pair real soon!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Enjoy them! I tried them on and almost bought them despite the cost. However, another drawback is that it is advised NOT to run in them. When the sales clerk told me that I put them back. If i'm going to pay that kind of money for a shoe I'd prefer buying shoes for running. I was so disappointed. Maybe I can drop some hints for Mother's Day?!?! :happy:
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I have been wanting to try them for a while but haven't cause of the price. Here they are $109.99 + tax. Maybe I will be able to talk myself into getting them since I now know someone really likes them :smile:
  • crabbygirl
    Options
    I bought a pair back in September. I don't know if they have helped with my shape, but they are comfortable and, because of the bottom, they add a couple of inches to my height without heels. :bigsmile:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Did you see that they have a sandal/flip-flop version of these now??
  • angelface12004
    Options
    I've been wondering about these shoes also, i do see the no name brand of them and was wondering if they are just as good also, the price is better to at 30 dollars. I think these will be my next BIG purchase. Let us know how you find them after a week or so. I do not like exercising but i do it cuz i know i have to :( I too have feet problems, the heal of my one foot hurts really bad from being on my feet all day but this may end that :) Thanks
  • stewarkb
    stewarkb Posts: 6
    Options
    I looked into getting a paid. My cousin has some and says that after wearing them she feels like she completed a total body workout! The price is the only thing steering me clear as of now.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    ....but are they cute? I've been thinking of getting them, but I don't know if I'd wear them with anything besides flared pants; they seem to have a touch of the "corrective shoe" look - at least from the commercials...maybe they're different in person?
  • alanismanson
    Options
    I LOVE mine. :)
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    I bought a pair in December and like them but I don't think I would buy them again. They are good for walking but any other kind of exercise ie running, squats, lunges ect they do not work to well. I have plantar fascitis and still need my inserts for the arch support.
  • Desiderata
    Options
    ive heard many different stories about these shoes...some people claim they really work but some reviews online said otherwise. Im not sure if id spend my money on something that has sketchy benefits haha
  • Desiderata
    Options
    ive heard many different stories about these shoes...some people claim they really work but some reviews online said otherwise. Im not sure if id spend my money on something that has sketchy benefits haha
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    The sandal version are $50 (on the sketcher site, I'm sure they're probably cheaper elsewhere) and not TOO fugly :glasses:
    http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/brands/skechers_tone_ups_sandals/list

I was googling the above and the following popped up first... whut the helz are these??? I LOL'd at work.... :laugh:
    http://www.shapeupshoes.com/
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Love mine! I thought the exercise DVD that came with them was pretty dorky. But I wear them when I know I'm going to be doing a lot of walking. I went to the home show with a friend a few weeks ago and actually felt a little sore in the back of my thighs. With my regular sneakers, I walked for 10 hours straight without feeling sore.

I also think they are cute. They have a variety of styles including mary janes. But I like my black and white ones. I switched out the white laces with the black pair that was included.

I bought mine at DSW for $99. Looks like you can use promo code MARCH10 on dsw.com and save an additional $10 this month.
  • SnuggleBunny
    Options
    I've had the Reebok version for 6+ months and love them. I "Active Commute" to work, which in NYC speak means I walk more than 10 blocks from the subway to get to the office. At frist they did feel very different but now they are just my most comfy pair of sneakers, lots of cushioning and a bouncy feeling when walking. I like them better then the Skechers because they are lower profile and look more like regular sneakers.
  • wsucheergirl
    Options
    I have the Champion brand of these - somewhat different but I do feel that I get a better workout when I wear them and I like the way they look much better.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I got some two weeks ago and love them. I got the Mary Jane's (at DSW) because I don't wear leather, they are a little dorky looking but I'm thinking of taking a black sharpie to the stitching.

They are really comfortable and I do feel my back leg muscles more, and they are supposed to help with back issues. The only caveat is a personal trainer said you have to be very conscious of your posture and keep your ads strong otherwise they can cause back problems. She had a client who developed lower back pain from using them.
  • irismoon
    irismoon Posts: 83
    Options
    Enjoy them! I tried them on and almost bought them despite the cost. However, another drawback is that it is advised NOT to run in them. When the sales clerk told me that I put them back. If i'm going to pay that kind of money for a shoe I'd prefer buying shoes for running. I was so disappointed. Maybe I can drop some hints for Mother's Day?!?! :happy:

My mom and friend also got a pair when I got mine. They love their shoes too. They are both able to jog in them just fine. I'm not but that is because of my ankle injury. The only thing is it takes a while to balance in them. Once you have that down they work just like your average shoe.
  • irismoon
    irismoon Posts: 83
    Options
    For all you who posted you were unsure or the price was too high.

I'm not the only one who loves them. My mom and friend love their shoes too. We all got the same ones and wore them to our Curves fitness center and loved them. They worked fine at the place and didn't affect the workout from the equipment at all. In fact we were so motivated by the new shoes we went to the local college and walked the outdoor track area for some extra exercise afterwards. Part of the walking area is up hill and they worked even greater going up the hill. I could really feel it in the back of my legs. I walked it once and was tired out! And so you get the idea of how far it is 2.5 laps around is 1 mile. So that means I went .4 of a mile and felt like I'd done a major workout. I can normally walk a half a mile and be just fine. If anything my ankle will be giving out at the end making me have to take my pain medication. But not this time. I needed no medication and my ankle wasn't sore. My legs were just tired out. We then decided this was going to be our new routine every day.

Oh and my mom called later to say when she switched shoes to a regular pair, she said it felt like walking on card board. lol. She has decided if the shoes stay this great until next month we are going back to the store and buying more pairs. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will stay this awesome.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I got the similarly shaped Mephisto Sanos last fall and have hardly taken them off since. They cost $280 but to me they are worth it. They have completely cured my plantar fasciitis and made walking a joy again. Mine are black patent leather with the rocker soles, so I feel they are sort of dressy and look good with jeans as well as with my workout clothes.