beta blockers

Options
2»

Replies

• Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread. I was diagnosed with Left Ventricular Hypertrophy about a year ago at only 33. My Cardiologist told me this was something usually seen in 70 year olds (awesome) and that being consistent with my bp meds and exercise could reverse it over time. Well I been doing that andmy palpitations have become more frequent and bothersome since I increased exercise. SO he added a beta blocker the other day because my heart rate is crazy. I am aloud to continue exercise as long as I keep it steady until I am done all my new testing to see what else maybe going on but am feeling hopeless (heart disease runs on both sides of my family at early ages).

SO anyway took my first pill today and started googling toprol today and got scary results. Crazy weight gain, horrible nightmares, insomnia, laziness and on and on and on. The part that scared me most was weight gain because that would ruin any chance of improving these heart issues for good.

Then I thought let me go to mfp land and search. Yay!! I found what seems like normal people who take them and they are all still losing weight.

Thank you all for sharing it has helped my mood immensely!!!