Shameless

Options
I'm not noticing much of a change lately, and next week marks six months on MFP. I need motivation! Shameless, yes, but I'm just fishing for compliments here. Sometimes you just need to hear that you're doing a good job.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone out there changing their life through this site.

pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg

And if anyone can shrink these photo collages for me, I'd appreciate the help!

Replies

• AXAGEM
    AXAGEM Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great progress, well done!
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! Your face is amazing, you look like a totally different person! There's no shame in fishing for compliments, and thank you for putting your photos up to inspire the rest of us when we feel discouraged.
  • Amlisa1
    Options
    Hi Shameless,
    Looking at those pics,I'd say your doing a terrific job, and look marvelous!!
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing.. I see a big difference.. Keep up the great work.
  • Nene2404
    Options
    Thank you! The support I've found on MFP is a big part of why I think this works better than other weight loss methods I've tried.
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    You're doing great! Keep up whatever you've been doing because it's certainly working.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    You can see huge difference! Your doing good! Keep positive, Keep Moving! and keep your eyes focused on the prize!
    Prize=Being fit and healthy and knowing you worked your tail off to get it..
    Wishing you well on your path..Your look great:-)
  • Nene2404
    Options
    I'm steadily giving away all of my clothes as I shrink out of them. If I don't have them around, its motivation to keep moving in a positive direction. One of my initial goals was to get out of the "plus sizes $2 more" trap, and I've got to admit, it feels great just being able to walk into a store and shop in the misses section. Every story posted on here is so inspiring and motivating. This really is a great community.
  • sandrahermione
    Options
    Well done!
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Your doing great, I see a big difference! Just keep doing what your doing, patience is key. It WILL come with time! I love to remind myself of this quote during weeks where I only see little or no change on the scale. *Most people give up because of slow progress, without knowing that slow progress IS progress.. Don't mistake slow progress for failure* Your doing great, keep up the hard work! :) Best of luck
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    :happy: I understand the need for compliments once in a while. It's ok. I think we've all done it.

You are doing a good job. I know it gets hard. It's been hard for me lately to see any difference in myself... but, it's well worth it when others can see the difference.
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! You are looking fabulous! Keep up the great work!!
  • Nene2404
    Options
    This year I'm actually looking forward to finding the perfect dress for Christmas. I'm not a dress person, mostly because I've always felt so uncomfortable in them, but that is starting to change. I keep reminding myself that slow and steady is best. Better for my skin to shrink, better for the weight to stay off, better to change my lifestyle. Kudos to everyone, you're all doing such an amazing job, and thank you for the support. Feel free to add me, and we can keep each other motivated.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    The change is SO obvious. You look wonderful! :flowerforyou:
  • Margthecar
    Margthecar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job girl! Keep at it and don't give up. You look beautiful.

There will inevitably be plateaus. It is easy to get frustrated when you know you've been good all week and the scale doesn't budge. Just continue to be honest (with your food logging) and patient (with your body and yourself) and the scale will begin to move again. One thing I found a big help for myself, but that required a huge attitude adjustment was to reduce my weight loss goal from one pound per week to a half pound per week. I had plateaued for a couple months and figured it was worth a try. It felt very very wierd actually eating more per week and i really had to rework my brain and expectations at the SLOW loss, but it has worked. I broke through the plateau and am down 4 more pounds since then. But it has taken me 4 months (I do have bad weeks plus that seems to be the rate my body likes)--but the point is, no more plateau. Think lifestyle change, not diet, so really what difference does it make if the weight comes off in 1 week or 1 month, as long as it keeps coming off? At least that is my 2 cents.

Oh BTW on your photos--don't know your software but it could be their size is too big--if you know how to reduce their resolution, shoot for someting in the 600x800 or 800x1000 pixel range and I bet they will all show. You would need to reduce them on your computer, then upload them again.