Exercisng on the Wii

Options
What is everyone's thoughts on Zumba for the wii and The Biggest Loser for the Wii? I'm thinking about trying these out, but wanted to get your opinion.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I think the best is EA Sports Active 2. It comes with a HRM to use with the game, it's hands free and has different levels and activities. It's a real gym type workout you can do in your home without equipment.
  • cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba 2 for wii and it is so much fun. I really enjoy it
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I agree w/Mokey41 EA Sports Active 2 is great - that trainer b*tch kicks my booty. I have Zumba too - it is fun!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and burn about the same amount of calories in a 45 minute session as I do in a 60 minute Zumba Gold class. For me that's about 300-325 calories. I'm 43 y/o, 5'5", 165 lbs. I enjoy it a lot and I feel that I'm getting a good workout on the days when I can't make it to a class.
  • orrmichelle77
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and it's super fun. I get sweaty every time I do it.
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love exercising using the Wii but i always wear my HRM to get the closest burned calories as possible. I love Just Dance :)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and Just Dance 1 & 2. I honestly have yet to do them sober... but they are fun and I do get out of breath with just dance...
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I only have Wii Fit and its pretty cool, you can unlock new exercises and stuff. I want to try Zumba though!
  • jwapal
    jwapal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been using a little older Wii game called ExerBeat it has boxing, karate, hip hop, samba, yoga, pilates and stretching. I just starting using Zumba Core every other day too. I like both and I don't even have to leave my house to get my exercising done :)
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I recently got Just Dance 3 and it's pretty fun.
  • rlkloke
    Options
    I haven't tried either of the games that you are asking about, but I have had fantastic results with the EA Active series.
    Fit in Six is a great game as well, I really like the dancing (I guess you could say it's in the same vein as Zumba) and the kickboxing workouts it offers.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    I love exercising on the wii. I want an HRM so I can get accurate reading on cals burned but either way if I push myself I still break
    a sweat so I know it's doing SOMETHING. I love wii fit because I can weigh myself on it (very accurate too I've double checked with other scales) and it tells u your BMI. You can track your progress and record other exercise you do and I just think it's cool and fun. I do mostly aerobic games, but also use the yoga and strenght quite a bit. Occasionally do balance games just for fun. Also have both zumba games for wii. LOVE THEM. the first one is a little easier IMO but maybe cuz I got so used to it. The second one KICKS MY BUTT! good workout. Also just dance is a great workout. Seriously don't downplay the wii it can be a great exercise tool and for some people it's more accessible than going to the gym.
  • Amb_er100
    Options
    i've got zumba fit and it's really fun and makes me sweat ;i also got my fitness coach get in shape for wii where you can exercise ,do cardio and yoga it's quite useful coz at the end of your workouts it is able to tell you how many calories you've burned and it keeps updated about your weight and your progress about twice in a month so def useful