Bra?

Options
Now that I m a runner, lol ( i'm taking my combined total of six mins. and going with it)
I need a good no I need a great bra, I remember somebody else asked this, but I didn't think I was ever really going to need one so I didn't really look into the suggestions and now i can't remember what they were, also what store do you buy them?
Part of my poblem running today was at first I was just holding them down and really feeling like a goof, but when I didn't it nearly knocked the wind out of me with each stride.
Thank you in advance for all your Help.

Replies

• erinmargaret76
    erinmargaret76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    buy your self a really good sports bra. i actually wear 3 bras the days i run. ( 1 regular & 2 sports) & i also wear a form fitting undershirt. nike sells a really good sports bra, its pricey, but worth the investment.
  • aggie04chic
    Options
    I advise Champion Sports Bras. I was a dancer, a basketball player, and a baseball/softball player all of my younger life, and Champion never let me down. You can usually find them at Academy, but if you can't find them there (or you are picky about colour/design) go to the Champion website. The biggest key with a sports bra is to get one that is comfortable for YOU! Victoria's Secret came out with one a few years back and I got it reckoning they couldn't go wrong. And they deffo held them down, but they also cut off all circulation in my entire torso, and the material itched. Champion I can get heavy duty cotton ones, so no itcy. So just try a few on over your normal bra if you find them comfy go for it.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I use the Enell sports bra. Not a cute bra, but complete compression. It nearly completely stops the bouncing. I wore it when back when I was a 44DDD and could actually run without pain from bouncing. And now I'll need a smaller size soon since I've been shrinking.

:happy:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The Last Resort Bra

If you've tried every bra out there and still bounce, try this one. Our first-ever 5-barbell rated bra ain't pretty, but our testers say it completely eliminates bounce. Literally, you won't move, and that's a beautiful thing. Sturdy nylon/spandex construction. We recommend this as the workout bra of choice for D, DD and DDD cups who don't want to bounce at all. Not ever. XS(32DDD-34C-34D-36C), S(34DD-34DDD-36D-36DD), M(36DDD-38C-38D-40C), L(38DD-38DDD-40D-40DD), XL(40DDD-42D-42DD-44D)

Buy at www.titlenine.com (it might save you from having to wear 3...:))
  • melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    I have Bendon sports bras - I'm a G cup and they work really well!
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    I got mine at a running store. It was kind of expensive but it's pretty amazing. I don't remember the brand but they had a few that worked really well. Prepare to spend about $50.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    The "Last Resort" bra in the titlenine catalog is the Enell bra. BTW, titlenine is a great place to find sports bras. I also like one from moving comfort where the staps adjust w/velcro at the shoulders...I forget the name of it. & lately I've heard many good things about the "Ta Ta Tamer". When I do Insanity (very high impact) I just have to face it that I need 2 bras no matter what! So I wear 1 that criss-crosses & one that is regular. But the hunt for the perfect bra continues on.....
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    The Last Resort Bra

If you've tried every bra out there and still bounce, try this one. Our first-ever 5-barbell rated bra ain't pretty, but our testers say it completely eliminates bounce. Literally, you won't move, and that's a beautiful thing. Sturdy nylon/spandex construction. We recommend this as the workout bra of choice for D, DD and DDD cups who don't want to bounce at all. Not ever. XS(32DDD-34C-34D-36C), S(34DD-34DDD-36D-36DD), M(36DDD-38C-38D-40C), L(38DD-38DDD-40D-40DD), XL(40DDD-42D-42DD-44D)

Buy at www.titlenine.com (it might save you from having to wear 3...:))

That's so weird! I just got a Title Nine catalog in the mail today...have no idea why, since I've never heard of the company before. They had loads of cute (though a bit pricey) stuff in the catalog!
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I got The Last Resort a few months ago and I LOVE it- especially when (trying) to run. Yes, it's pricey, and no, it's not sexy (11 hook and eye closures down the front) but it holds the girls down without cutting off my circulation. It more than contains my oh-so-ample bosom. And I will get another one when this one dies- but it is holding up well!
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    I'm obsessed with lingerie, and I shop frequently at specialty shops. I can't tell from your pictures, but it seems like most women on here are rather large chested. If you have a free hour and a little extra money, please look into going to a specialty store instead of a sports store, especially if you're not the normal "small, medium, large" sizes. I wear a 34F bra usually so regular old sporting goods stores do nothing for me. Their elastic cotton bras just make me bounce more, make me have to wear multiple bras, and they wear out quickly.

At a lingerie store, I can fit comfortably into a Luanire 34DDD sports bra. It has a little bit of underwire so there is no "uniboob" and is completely adjustable in the straps and across the back, and moderately priced. Other than that I recommend Freya Active. They make underwire and softcup sports bras and although they carry all sizes, they specialize in large chest size. They are pricey, but soooooooo worth it. And Freya Active is top rated by Health & Fitness magazine. I highly advise against wearing anything that doesn't specifically fit your cup size as eventually you will find that it doesn't fit you as well as you thought it did in the store.
  • sam4sure
    sam4sure Posts: 67
    Options
    In response to everyone- what kind of bras are good for smaller chested? I have a few sports bras that aren't flattering-essentially push them down to show no flattery whatsoever. I am concerned with support but also want to feel good about my chest even when working out and as I have lost weight I've lost a cup size. :o(
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    I have C/D size and I HAVE to wear 2 bra's when I run, ontop of eachother. Nothing supports enough! It digs in though now, but ugh oh well!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I just buy tight sports bras. I'm presently wearing a 38D and my $7 sports bra from Walmart works fine when I run. I started with a size 40 sports bra (I think they're for A,B, and C cups but I'm a D and they work for me) and when I started jiggling in that one, I bought the next size down -- a 38. I think they're made by Hanes and they have clasps in the front, which I LOVE.

I can't stand bouncing (it HURTS) so I have to wear a sports bra instead of a regular bra, but an ol' cheap sports bra has worked fine for me. I guess I'm lucky then?
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I cannot stress enough how important it is to wear a great sports bra. Besides the other websites listed, you can check out www.herroom.com and www.figleaves.com. I've worn the Royce Impact Free and also the Shock Absorber. I've had a couple of others that were really good, too, but I forget the names. I absolutely LOVE the Shock Absorber. I'm a DDD but have to go with the G cup in the Shock Absorber and it holds me in like no tomorrow when I'm running. Yes, these bras are pricey, but so are good running shoes.

...also, what most folks may not know is that you should never wear the same bra (whether it's a regular bra or a sports bra) twice in a row (that is, don't wear it Tuesday and then Wednesday). It's very bad for the bra and will wear it out faster. Anyway, if you're like me, the bra gets soaked with sweat while working out, so you wouldn't wear it again without washing it, anyway. But I just thought I'd put it out there!
  • mlejoy3
    mlejoy3 Posts: 9
    Options
    Title Nine has the BEST bra's. I have the halelujah (funny name) and it works so well and I am really large busted and I run.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Nike Fit compression bra - is my favorite of all the ones I have.