your favorite face scrub

Options
sizzle92
sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
What is your favorite face scrub? Nothing too harsh or grainy but has just the right amount of exfoliation to use a few days a week.

Replies

• sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    1)oats and milk
    2)cream and sugar

I have dry skin so these work ok for me . . If you have oily skin you may substitute milk with honey :flowerforyou:
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I fell in LOVE with the St Ives Green Tea Scrub. It is grainy but not huge grains like the apricot scrub an it makes your face feel baby butt smooth after! Plus it clears up your skin and reduces redness amazingly well! You can find it at Target for about $4
  • sizzle92
    Options
    Loving the cheap and natural ideas!!!!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I fell in LOVE with the St Ives Green Tea Scrub. It is grainy but not huge grains like the apricot scrub an it makes your face feel baby butt smooth after! Plus it clears up your skin and reduces redness amazingly well! You can find it at Target for about $4

ooo i'll have to check that one out!! i use to use the apricot scrub a lot. thanks!
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've heard using honey is great for the face. I have a friend who does sugar scrubs for her face using oil and 10x sugar (powdered sugar, confectioners sugar...whatever you want to call it) and essential oil-I like tea tree or eucalyptus.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I exfoliate my body and use a facial mask every week due to all the sweaty workouts 6 days a week. Everyday I use a light exfoliation creamy wash (oil of olay). And on Sundays I alternate from a blackberry peel (bath & body works) or the white tea apricot scrub (bbw) Dr Patrica wexler says not to be afraid to exfoliate everyday! She has a great 2 step with a hydrater.I don't use her products though $$$$! (Bbw) I work for bbw.com so I'm a little bias lol ))
  • sizzle92
    Options
    So far I'm leaning towards the green tree scrub!
  • sizzle92
    Options
    I exfoliate my body and use a facial mask every week due to all the sweaty workouts 6 days a week. Everyday I use a light exfoliation creamy wash (oil of olay). And on Sundays I alternate from a blackberry peel (bath & body works) or the white tea apricot scrub (bbw)

I am post op now and want to cry imagining a sweaty workout. I miss it so much! Hopefully Wednesday!
  • Ginnyesq
    Ginnyesq Posts: 109
    Options
    philosophy microdelivery wash, or Lush Ocean Salt (it's more of a once a week though)

http://www.lushusa.com/Ocean-Salt/02128,en_US,pd.html
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    my fav moisturizer mixed in my palm w/ a little sugar....wrks great,wont sting,it desolves and wont glog plumbing and very cheap!!~ Also great in the shower mixed w/ baby oil!!
  • I use Avon Pore Penetrating Invigorating Scrub. I love it, but my roommate hates it. It's grainy and minty so it makes my face feel all tingly and super clean when I'm done -- which is good for me, because I wear so much makeup during the day, I like to know that my skin is clean before I go to sleep. But my roommate thinks it's awful and refuses to use it, so I guess it's not for everyone.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I have always liked clean and clear but I have thought about the St. Ive's green tea scrub. The apricot one was too harsh for me though so I haven't yet. Think I will after reading this thread.
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Honey, raw sugar and extra virgin olive oil :)
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I really like vitamin c microdermabrasion from the body shop. It has nice small particles. I haven't tried the green tea one, but the apricot scrub for st Ives I found too scratchy.

http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/shop-by-line/top-rated-products/vitamin-c-microdermabrasion.aspx
  • sizzle92
    Options
    I actually love st Ives apricot for my body but have always heard it is too harsh on the face and can break bood vessels on it. I love vitamin c products for the face though for sun damage.
  • fatcatjack
    Options
    Sounds good enough to eat! LOL. :drinker:
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sounds good enough to eat! LOL. :drinker:

Haha it's pretty tasty smelling when you use it :) I did a full body scrub with it the other day and it's wonderful.
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've used the apricot scrub before but in my opinion the grains in it are too large and hurt after a couple uses. Definitely try the green tea scrub. It feels like tiny sand in it but I swear your face will never feel more smooth after. And while using it it doesn't feel scratchy or irritating at all.
    Hope it works for all that said they would try it!
    Btw I've looked other places for it (like Walmart and rite aid but Target is the only place I found the normal size bottles of it. Walmart had travel size bottles and I tried one and it got me hooked)
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have heard the Olay Total Effects citrus scrub is very nice. I use the foaming cleanser version and I love it!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    L'Oreal Go 360, best ever.