What is the best workout?

Options
taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
While different exercises have different benefits, the best workout is what you enjoy doing. It is the workout that you can see yourself doing either forever or for a long period of time. It is the workout that you do to give you the results you seek.

Do you like running? then go outside and run!
Do you like biking? go all armstrong on that bike bro!
Do you like lifting? Well then pick heavy things and put them down!
Do you like Football? Go bend it like Beckham!
Do you like boxing? Momma said knock you out!
Do you like those workout videos? Well go full on Richard Simmons up on that!
Do you like sitting on yo couch and watching TV? Well, too bad because that don't burn calories!
Do you like playing with a yo-yo? Well then you better love it because its gonna be many hours before you get a decent burn. But still...good for you!

If you want to lose weight, just move around. Pick one or several activities you enjoy or that you believe will give you the results you seek. Doesn't matter if it is cardio or lifting or doing thousand pushups.

Replies

• IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    ^Yep!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    *nods*
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Somebody gets it!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,187 Member
    Options
    Where is that "like" button?? Oh wait...
  • taunto
    Options

You're welcome Mac

523415_399289540145094_715638821_n.jpg
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Couldn't agree more.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,187 Member
    Options

You're welcome Mac

523415_399289540145094_715638821_n.jpg
    ...carefully copying hyperlink...

Now, I must find something to like...
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Amen, brotha!
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hear you on this one, though for me it has to be the exercise I can't come up with an excuse not to do.

Treadmill is parked right in the dining room guilting me into hopping on it whenever the kid is napping. And it was way more than I could really afford, so I feel especially guilty about having it without using it. Feel just terrible if a day goes by without me getting on the treadmill. So, think I'll stick with it awhile.. lol

I think when I'm lighter I'll be able to find activities I enjoy. Right now everything feels too strenuous to be enjoyable, but, I'm sure a few more weeks of trying to run will give me more energy to try other things. :)
  • taunto
    Options
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Couldn't agree more.

Sure you could. Add another Yes!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    *two thumbs up*

Exactly!! Best way to be consistent and stay motivated is to do the workout that you enjoy :smile:
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I hate working out. I had to find someway to make it fun. Here is my story: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/amydee714
  • bocaraton1
    Options
    I recently added this web site to my bookmarks. I like reading your posts. I have been looking all over for this! It was excellent and very informative. I think this is one of the most vital info for me. It's really a great and useful piece of info.
  • taunto
    Options
    I recently added this web site to my bookmarks. I like reading your posts. I have been looking all over for this! It was excellent and very informative. I think this is one of the most vital info for me. It's really a great and useful piece of info.

I hope you learn good information from this website although there is plenty of conflicting and wrong information too. Research and make your own judgement and don't let anyone tell you that there is only one way!
  • taunto
    Options
    Bump
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Agreed. There is no "magic" routine that will make you look awesome.....just time and dedication. Every exercise has benefits and life is too short to do something you don't enjoy.
  • taunto
    Options
    bump