I need 300 calories!

Options
Im short about 300 calories, but it needs to be super low fat, and low carb.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you like, but I would probably eat nonfat greek yogurt with a little fruit?
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    chicken, tuna, beef, turkey... protein powder
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    That's a good suggestion above me

Or maybe chicken? Eggs are pretty low fat uh...it's hard to do low carb and low fat and high cal BC carb and fats are a big part of what makes up calories...

A protein shake would be good if you have it
  • kandilynn03
    Options
    Yeah, don't listen to me, listen to the people that actually know what they are talking about.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't listen to me, listen to the people that actually know what they are talking about.

ur suggestion was good tho.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

I was talking about you in reference to the person above me! Greek yogurt was my first thought I pretty much said exactly what the guy above me said we just posted at the same time !
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    My go-to in that case is often nonfat greek yogurt, plain, sweetened with stevia:)
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    I don't know why I didn't think of my protein powder...
  • xcoyote
    Options
    Egg whites?

Been doing Egg Whites, with No Fat Yoghurt, Bit of Cinnamon, an Stevia to sweeten, with a Scoop of Choc Protein Powder thrown in (Whey Isolate, so low on Fats and Carbs).

YUM!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions above - keep in mind 300 cals on lo carb/fat is difficult!! Greek yogurt w/handful of almonds or protein shake (plantfusion protein shake lo carb, lo fat & mix with flax milk) but you may still wind up short on cals.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Btw, forgot to mention I'm vegetarian.
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    Three hard boiled eggs! i swear no-one stays hungry after a few eggs (some milk makes it even better!0
  • kandilynn03
    Options
    Oh, I did something right? Yay me!

Seriously, I'm just a beginner, and I'm starting to figure things out, but I'm mostly clueless. I have absolutely NO confidence in what I say when it comes to health and nutrition.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    chicken, tuna, beef, turkey... protein powder

^this. High protein foods
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    yogurt with cereal on top......
  • bocaraton1
    Options
    Low-Calorie Food---

Many low-calorie foods are naturally low in protein, fat and carbohydrates. These include:

Low-starch vegetables
    Low-sugar fruit
    Broth-based soups, such as Rainbow Soup with mainly vegetables (can add lean meats)
    Desserts where most of the calories come from sugar or sugar substitutes, such as Snow Pudding
    Shirataki Noodles