Dressing room disaster!

Options
After enduring a spin class where I burned more calories holding my pants up than cycling, I was happy to go shopping for new, smaller, pants.... When I got to the store I excitedly hit all the racks, grabbing a dozen pair of cute new pants I was excited to model for myself. So imagine my horror when not ONE single pair fit. And I don't mean just unflattering, I'm talking "who put the whale in the 10 gallon tank?! Somebody call PETA! FREEEEE WILLLYY" bulging unholiness was going on in there.

So has anyone else here lost a good bit of weight (I've lost 43 pounds) but remained the same pant size? Obviously with time things will get better, but the whole experience drop kicked my motivation :/

Replies

• sophieclarev
    Options
    Oh you poor thing. At 43 pounds lost you really should have gone down a size. I really feel for you. Same type of thing happened to me last week. All my skirts/shorts falling off my waist down to my hips so I thought I'd check out the next size down. Umm fail. I'll just keep working on it! Good luck
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    That stinks!

You might try different brands than you normally wear. I've found that my shape has changed and different designers fit now than used to fit. I've lost inches around my rib cage and waist, but my boobs, butt and hips are still huge. Basically, I've become even more hourglass-y as I've lost weight so simply the same pants in a smaller size isn't the answer.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dont forget that if you have had your previous pants for a while they will have stretched out loads... so a new pair the same size will be more snug! plus i have always found that different shops are all different sizes even though the number i sthe same.

try not to be disheartened, losing 43lbs is great!!!!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Know the feeling.. my thighs stayed the same way for a looooong time. Finally starting to get a little smaller. Means I am almost a large on the lower body (except the waist which is more a medium.. so pants dont really fit if they are just any cut), and almost a small on upperbody (as long as the fabric stretches for boobs :P)

keep at it. Do something to build muscle - esp in the legs - to shape them up and it will come.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    that stinks! I'm so sorry. keep up the hard work though. it'll happen!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I hear you!
    I have the same experience every time I go jeans shopping. I lost 20kg from my heaviest and went down just 1 size. I fit in neat tops in smaler sizes though and also bought a skirt in 42. It is my thighs that ruins it.
    Well, maybe you should consider different brands. NEXT (UK) works for my shape. And don´t give up. There are some great brands for your shape out there.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Clothing sizes are weird, try not to let it get to you. You've done really well, losing 43 lbs! Try to ignore the size and find something that you feel really good in. :)
  • tonkabella
    tonkabella Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Been there and done that.... :0( below the waist is always the last place I loose it from... so the pants are a nightmare for me. I go flat chested, thin faced and small waisted.... then ,, and only then does it start to come off my rear end and thighs. People keep telling me I look a size UK12..... I tell them look down and they will see a UK 16 !!!! does my head in and buying clothes is a nightmare. At the moment I am now starting to even out a bit.... but still a long way to go. Good luck.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    what?!! :noway:

43 pounds is a huge achievement, dont let this make you feel despondent!

i would also suggest shopping in a different section or different brand :)
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    some of my work pants are like that. i have dropped 4 sizes so far(don't know the amount of lb lost, see profile for explanation) yet some of my black work slacks still fit the exact same! I'm like "good heavebs! what kind of voodoo magic did they infuse in this.material?!" -.-
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That is so disappointing for you but don't let it get you down. Keep kicking that weight in the butt!!! :explode:

Go brand shopping instead of size shopping, you may be pleasently surprised, you must feel great losing 43lb, let the world know it :bigsmile:

Linda
  • slavonka23
    slavonka23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've lost 67lb, and 5 clothing size :smile:
  • lsgordon02143
    lsgordon02143 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I found that I couldn't take a smaller size (didn't lose nearly as much as you, but still my clothes got looser at the waist) - but I did find a tailor to take in a bunch of waistbands. It's so important to honor/follow the body change with clothes that fit your fab new body. :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    For work out pants, it took losing 43 pounds and being on maintenance for 4 months before the weight shifted/fat cells shrunk / whatever till they ones with elastic outlived there purpose and were falling off. So I went from an XL to a Medium, but I made sure I bought with a drawstring waist. the others I use for lounge wear now around the house.

Another thing you might take into consideration - over the last few years clothes "fashion fit" have gone from baggy jeans to skinny jeans. so the fit of clothes has changed considerably.
  • murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I feel for you! 43 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! Sizes are crazy! It depends on the brand/store. I can vary 3 sizes depending on the brand. Try others, you'll find something that fits. Don't give up, you are doing great!
  • SpunkBean
    SpunkBean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had picked out several styles/cuts, but found out today the store only sells one brand. Apparently not my brand ;) I did go to a different store today and found a pair of pants that fit beautifully (same size, but that's ok :). I am stoked about the 43 pounds!! I'm almost half way there, so I figure the lack of size changes the first 50 will more than be made up for with the second 50.

You guys are all so amazing, thank you!!!