Only ate 600 cals, and I'm FULL

Options
wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
I only ate 600 calories today..and honestly...I'm SOOO full!!! I didn't exercise just because I'm sore from a weekend of a lot of tennis (I was at my parents, and I CANNOT lose to my dad:). Should I just take it as an under day? Or try to push it for more cals? It's 5:45 now...hmmm. Thoughts?

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I only ate 600 calories today..and honestly...I'm SOOO full!!! I didn't exercise just because I'm sore from a weekend of a lot of tennis (I was at my parents, and I CANNOT lose to my dad:). Should I just take it as an under day? Or try to push it for more cals? It's 5:45 now...hmmm. Thoughts?
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I would find something high in calories but healthy, like nuts. You really need atleast 1200 calories
  • jec03031
    jec03031 Posts: 3
    Options
    Since you are sore, you should rest and drink plenty of water. I would reccomend a light snack of lowfat yogurt and fruit, or perhaps half a peanut butter sandwich. You need more calories for your body to repair itself and optimize metabolism.
  • jec03031
    jec03031 Posts: 3
    Options
    :happy: It is a good feeling to be full, though!
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    peanut butter!!!!!!
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I would find something high in calories but healthy, like nuts. You really need atleast 1200 calories
    I agree that you should eat a little more. You should try not to go under 1200 most days, or 1500, 0r 1700 whatever your bmr is. However, having said that I will make a contridiction and say that every once in a GREAT while if you only have 500-1000 calories, on NON-exercise days, you will probably be ok and not greatly impact your metabolism. However you shouldn't make a habit of that, do aim for your reccommended daily caloric amount 99% of the time.
    Nuts and nut butters with mutigrain bread and or a banana are a great high calorie snack.
  • melissalynnlarue
    melissalynnlarue Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :)

I'm having trouble imagining what it would be like to be FULL on only 600 calories... Must be kinda nice, actually...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time for a couple peanut butter sandwiches, yummy!!! :bigsmile:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have a few hours before bed, maybe you'll be hungry in a bit....Don't forget you can drink those cals too!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's still early in the evening. There's time for a high-calorie healthy snack as already mentioned.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    her metabolism isn't going to crash in a day, folks.

Seriously.