No Longer Obese

Options
According to my scales today I am no longer in the obese range and am now at the top end of acceptable in terms of body fat %.

Scales showed than am now 24.1% having dropped 3.2% in the last week, bit dubious about this but have been using same scale for a couple of months so the progress at least will be correct. Long way to go yet as want to get to approx. 15% but when I first got the scale at start of september I was at 30.6% and had already lost 1 stone by that point so must have been mid 30's% at my heaviest.

Untitled.png

Slowly getting there but not remotely happy with myself yet.

Replies

• kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :) as for the not happy about yourself bit ..... wish I could help anytime I think I am doing well , get a compliment , I then see a photo and crumble :(

Maybe we need to work on our self esteem :)

Personally .....I think you are doing great x x
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Dude, bro, way to go! You should be happy, you've came a long way! I understand, once you've lost so much, you think nothing will do, until you get exactly to where you want to be. I understand that mentality. At the same time, give yourself a pat on the back. If not, let me give you a virtual reality high five through MFP. (hand slappin time)..................................................................

Seriously, way to go, feel good, know your going to get exactly where you want to, and this is just a stage along the way. Thanks for sharing this bud! cheers!:drinker:
  • MJP426
    MJP426 Posts: 19
    Options
    You should be so proud - you are looking great! What a huge accomplishment!
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! You should be very proud and super excites! Congratulations on such an accomplishment!
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Wow, never mind the numbers, you look really different, well done!
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    When you are no longer obese, your health improves and you feel so much better all the way around. I give you kudos!
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! And WOW, the difference between those two pics!!!! Are you sure you only lost 34lbs??? :wink:
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    According to my scales today I am no longer in the obese range and am now at the top end of acceptable in terms of body fat %.

Scales showed than am now 24.1% having dropped 3.2% in the last week, bit dubious about this but have been using same scale for a couple of months so the progress at least will be correct. Long way to go yet as want to get to approx. 15% but when I first got the scale at start of september I was at 30.6% and had already lost 1 stone by that point so must have been mid 30's% at my heaviest.

Untitled.png

Slowly getting there but not remotely happy with myself yet.

You look amazing what a difference. You should be so proud of yourself. Awesome commitment!!!
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Mate you look amazing. In a completely no homo way..
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    Reflect on what you have already accomplished and be thankful cuz you looked great! keep going till you reach your goal, one day at a time. Goodluck! you can do it!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You look great! Smile!
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! You look amazing!!
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! A massive well done to you!!! Be proud of what you have achieved because you can see a big difference in the pics!! :happy:
  • tamba01
    tamba01 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous. You should be proud of you accomplishment. Why are you not happy yet?
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your compliments. Can see the progress but wish it was more.
    You look marvelous. You should be proud of you accomplishment. Why are you not happy yet?

I struggle a lot with self esteem issues, due to depression and dyspraxia, so being fat as well doesnt help. I can see difference in some pictures but when I look in the mirror not much seems to have changed, and if look at my stomach, still look/feel really fat.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work, you are looking great! :)
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    know that you've accomplished something. try to alter your thought patterns. sometimes weight loss because too much of a mental game and we lose focus of healthy eating/portion control and altering our lifestyle to maintain. keep moving and keep eating healthy
  • juewil
    juewil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing fantastic! You have reason to be happy! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • SWiel84
    Options
    “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.” --Charles R. Swindoll
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!