Just Have No Idea What To Eat Anymore?

Options
Dexy_
Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
I've been doing this a while now and haven't lose any weight in at least 6 months and actually creeping up, can't even remember the last day I stayed under my cals or even logged everything I ate.

What are foods I can eat?!

I'll do a food shop and think to myself "I'll buy some good foods so I don't go eating all the junk food again". But come up with NOTHING that isn't junk food/that I wont binge on.

For instance fruits, I'll binge on. Vegetables take too long to cook when I'm hungry.

Just stumped... ><

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Vegetables take too long to cook when I'm hungry.

brocolli take 10 minutes to boil.... carrots you can eat raw...
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    cannot access you diary ?

So portion control? Accurately measuring foods? Upping/changing activity?
  • Dexy_
    Options
    I can't eat veggies raw/only slightly cooked. I need them to the point of mush/slop, only then can I tolerate them.
  • Dexy_
    Options
    cannot access you diary ?

So portion control? Accurately measuring foods? Upping/changing activity?

You should be able to... but as I said, I haven't accurately logged in forever.

When I do log, I measure everything out. I don't see how that affects what I can buy?

My activity is pretty much sedentary as when I try to do exercise I get laughed at and/or my kids jump on me or get hurt by me. Again, how does that affect what I want to put in my shopping cart? :S
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I often try and have some healthy vegetable soup cooked up/frozen for easy eating. I use the recipe log on here when I make it, and divide it up into portions so I know what to log when I eat it. I often like a lentil/veg one, mostly veg, tomato base, with some cayenne for spice. Takes no more than a few minutes to defrost and eat, and you can leave it on the stove when you cook it until your veg is desintergrating =]
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I can't eat veggies raw/only slightly cooked. I need them to the point of mush/slop, only then can I tolerate them.

Microwaving any veg for about 10min will turn them into mush, you can cook your chicken, fish or whatever will they are in there.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I don't get it, do you literally want us to tell you what to buy...?

Wholegrain bread
    Apples, Bananas, strawberries
    LOW fat yoghurt
    LOW fat Ricotta - put on toast with sliced tomato and cracked pepper or toast with sliced banana and cinnamon
    LOW fat Cottage cheese (similar to ricotta)
    Vegetables - Make stir fry
    Lean meat
    Seafood - poach or lightly grill it

Just..good, healthy, yummy stuff.
    The internet is also full of ideas of healthy/clean foods, as well as meals and snacks!!
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Many say to just shop the perimeter of the store. Buy the fresh meats, veggies, yogurt,cheese sticks, hummus, cottage cheese, etc. Skip the chip, cookie and soda isle.

Try not to let yourself get too hungry. Have a healthy snack while preparing dinner. Maybe preplan your menu so you know what you are eating next.

Keep Trying :)
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options

Buy canned vegetables, reduced sodium if you can find them:flowerforyou: . You can microwave those in seconds ~ best of luck!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Well what do you like to snack on and maybe people can come up with healthy alternatives?

I like rice cakes - its difficult to go overboard when they're 30-60cals each!

Some of my other favourites include
    boiled egg,
    cottage cheese,
    greek yoghurt,
    nuts/seeds

As you can see I like protein snack - they keep me fuller for longer.

Or just have what you want but in small quantities. Its all about moderation. I have chocolate almost every single day.
    Feel free to take a look at my diary for ideas (but ignore today - I'm going to a dinner party tonight!!)
  • davlaur
    Options
    homemade vegetable soup
    sugar free jelly
    yoghurts
    bananas
    quavers 84 calories
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    My diary is open. And honestly it isn't that difficult. In my opinion we make excuses for everything we really don't want to do in our life. Our health should not be one of those areas. Information on the internet on healthy meals is unlimited. If you can pull up a search engine you are most of the way there.
  • LMick1986
    Options
    My advice is to start small....make small changes. I feel that when you (I) start making all these big changes, I fail. Sooo....I just started eating less....same stuff, just less. I try to stick right to my calorie goal (some days I go over and that's ok). I started making slight changes along the way. For example: I don't put cheese on my sandwiches (that can be around 100 calories per slice!!). I ask for light cheese on pastas when ordering out. I get soy milk instead of whole milk in my coffee drinks. I get smaller coffee drinks if I really feel I need (want) them. IF I feel I really need (want) soda, I go for Coke Zero. No it doesn't taste just like regular, but then I don't drink as much and the craving for soda fades away. I drink a lot more tea (zero calories!). I'm saying, just make small changes to begin with. Try new foods. If you don't like it, don't force yourself to eat it. No big. But start somewhere.
  • Daizy426
    Daizy426 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It almost sounds like what you're lacking is just motivation. A good hard look at yourself nekid in a full lenght mirror is a good motivator when I'm planning a trip to the grocery store and planning a menu for the week. An image like that can stick with you a while, lol. Then, when you take time to eat good for a week or two and see the scale moving, that in itself is a motivator to keep it going. But it's like anything else, you have to want it first : ))
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Binging usually occurs when you deprive yourself of foods you enjoy or eat too little calories. A balanced diet is the key. Eat foods you enjoy, provided that you are eating at a reasonable deficit and hitting your macros and getting sufficient micros.

Is binging your main concern?
  • foody44
    Options
    if you cant eat veg until its soft and slop then have u tried making batches of vegetable mash and freezing it in portions in the freezer? i like to do this as spending some time doing this can save you a whole lot of time in the busy week ahead.

cauliflower mash is a good alternative to potatoes. parsnips, sweet potato and carrot work well too mashed. or even add some cooked broccoli and cooked frozen peas to a small amount of normal mashed potato to make it lower carb/cals, more nutritional and substantial.

hope this helps a bit :)
  • ErzaScarlet
    ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    &h=783&w=553&sz=152&tbnid=Ml8yPpqvm8YACM:&tbnh=85&tbnw=60&zoom=1&usg=__ZGo8_wH8ONMoCGrD05X0sxDWZJk=&docid=v6uWYHfRt2XofM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=OPacUJPdItGS0QWEs4CICQ&ved=0CDEQ9QEwAw&dur=739
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I don't get it, do you literally want us to tell you what to buy...?

Wholegrain bread
    Apples, Bananas, strawberries
    LOW fat yoghurt
    LOW fat Ricotta - put on toast with sliced tomato and cracked pepper or toast with sliced banana and cinnamon
    LOW fat Cottage cheese (similar to ricotta)
    Lean meat

Just..good, healthy, yummy stuff.
    The internet is also full of ideas of healthy/clean foods, as well as meals and snacks!!
    With the couple of items taken out - and maybe strawberries and apples as they're quite low calories, I'd suggest all the rest are pretty 'binge worthy' to me.

I eat a lot of ready meals personally. It really helps portion control for me and there's a lot of low calorie choices.
    However, recently I've been doing them in the oven rather than microwave. This means I DO have to wait 30-45 minutes before getting my food.

I try and serve meals on a bed of lettuce and tomato (both very low calorie) to fill me up.
  • tamba01
    tamba01 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    First, go to the grocery store with a FULL tummy. It helps not go for the junk food. Try greek yogurt, I eat lots of it. If you don't like the taste, add a bit of honey and some of your fruit, it is full of protein. Try lean meat.. Also have you tried juicing your vegetables? I am not a veggie person so I sort of juice them. I put them in a blender and put a piece of fruit (usually and apple, it helps with the taste) and blend really good. I hope this helps.
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Do an online shop, don't go into the store and then you'll miss the temptations of all the goodies etc. Write a list of foods you want to make and then order it all. Buy frozen veg... it takes seconds to microwave and they say it holds more goodness as its frozen with all the goodness in. No excuse then.

Why not firstly get used to cutting down by buying ready portionned low cal ready meals and when you feel better about the restriction make your own....exactly what I have to do.

Buy a little bit of niceties like individual packets of biscuits that you can limit yourself to one small pack off instead of opening a gigantic pack of them and eating the whole lot xx

Good Luck :) x