RELAPSE. gained. discouraged. sad.

Options
I've gained, my energy level is low, I still workout here and there, but not like I was before June.

What the heck happened!

Every day I tell myself I'm going to log, and get back on track... and I have YET to complete a week of logging....

It's like I don't even know what to cook and eat, and I WAS JUST doing the right things from January to June.. what the heck.

I feel down.

Replies

• VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Start today!!!

Think now, what you can do now!!

Forget yesterday, it is in the past and you can't change it. Focus on now and what you can do.

Little steps. Drink your water, up your veggies, go for a walk.

Keep trying and look at being healthy not losing weight :)
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Just life happened. Don't think of it as a diet just a lifestyle. try to begin tracking at least one meal a day and adding to that if you have. what ever you need to take accountability agains.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    We've all been where you are now. Whinning about it will get you nowhere. Pick yourself up and start over. You can do it!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    It's all up to you, you know. Tomorrow will bring one of two things: You will be one day closer to your goal or you will be one day further away. Your choice! Make the right one for your health! Good luck!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Maybe treat yourself to something. A new gadget, workout top, or new DVD. I'm an instructor which is a double edged sword. There will be days I teach 3 exercise classes in a row and I'm exhausted and don't feel like it....but when I'm done. I never, ever regret the workout. I feel amazing. Try and hold onto that feeling you get when you complete the exercise when you're feeling like you'd rather not. Pre-log your food today. Make it yummy, and clean so you can eat LOTS of filling food. Hop on the scale. See where you are so you know where you're going. You can do this!!!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    “Failure is not fatal. Only failure to get back up is.” ~John C. Maxwell

“You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.” ~Les Brown
    “Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.” ~H. L. Hunt

“There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.” ~Unknown

“Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but, because of lack of commitment.” ~Vince Lombardi

“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~Christopher Robin

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ~Jim Rohn

“Our greatest battles are that with our own minds.” ~Jameson Frank

“It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” ~James Gordon
  • robertsondonte
    Options
    I have been out of the gym for about a month and finally got back in today. Do not feel bad, keep going. I had to listen to this video this morning to get motivate. Took a pre-workout supplement and now I am ready!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

You can do it. You will be successful. We know you really want it so try and when you want to stop, try one more time and you will be where you want to be! Good luck!!
  • NextChapter60
    NextChapter60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I hit a rough spot, I focus on one thing, generally breakfast. Have a healthy breakfast, log it, and forget about it until tomorrow. Once you have some momentum with breakfast, add lunch. Then dinner. Then exercise, setting a goal of one day -"every Wednesday", for example - to start. If you backslide, go to the last successful level.

Have a glass of water and relax. You haven't lost the battle; sounds like you're just taking some time to reassemble the troops for the second wave.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

“It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” ~James Gordon

This is one of the best things I have ever read on the forums. It is the absolute truth. It is the answer to every post about not having motivation. Thanks for posting that today.
  • miss4sure
    miss4sure Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been there... I think we all have. Think of it as a mini vacation, and now that you have acknowledged it, get back on track. Take a look at where you were and were you want to be... Deep down you know that the efforts and sacrifices are worth it!!! Find your strength and determination again, and start over! Don't give up!:flowerforyou:
  • njcrockett
    njcrockett Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can relate, sorry to say. I did really well for awhile, and then a few months ago I just stopped. Now I am trying again to find that motivation that I had all those months ago. Good luck!!
  • sandrahermione
    Options
    You are dark skinned like me, could it be SAD? I have logged little, eaten sugar and lots of carbs and gained four pounds since September, gain in the winter, lose from April onwards effortlessly. Getting a lightbox for Christmas.
    Do you gain weight every year in winter? Vitamin D deficiency is something to consider.
    Hope you find your mojo soon. Best of luck,
    Sandra
  • imani105
    Options
    I too have "relaspsed" but in my relaspse I'm doing a lot of soul searching and I would encourage you to do the same. What's your reason for wanting to lose weight? What's your motivation for losing it? If you don't know these two things, no matter what anyone says to re-motivate you, it won't matter because in the end you have to motivate yourself. WE have to motivate OURSELVES!!!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Motivation isn't always going to be there. While we work at keeping our motivation up, the real answer is commitment. Tell yourself what you will do and follow through. Period. Motivation lights the fire. Commitment gets the job done. Make a promise to yourself. Don't go to bed until you've done it. You may have to talk yourself into it some days but do it. People assume that motivation is the key. It's just the starting point. It helps stoke the fire from time to time but it isn't the glue that holds it together.