Replacing Cheese and Mayo

Options
Just a tip I wanted to share. I love cheese! So much I could be mouse, but cheese has a ton of calories and I really don't like the calories. Mayo is evil "spreadable evil" . I have recently discover "Laughing Cow Cheese". They are creamy little Swiss cheese triangles that you can spread and come in a light version which is only 35 calories. There are other versions of this cheese I think weight watchers makes some too. I love to make turkey sandwiches and I now use on of those little triangles instead of mayo ad cheese. so instead of 200 for cheese and mayo now I only use 35. You can also add them to egg white omelets or use them as a topping in you pizza's . They have helped me greatly I thought it might help others to.

Replies

• sauntryk
    sauntryk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! I will definately try this :)
  • EternalLife
    EternalLife Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I eat these too, they're great!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yup - I use them to replace cheese and mayo on most sandwiches. Yummy!!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    OMG! Thank you for this post! I love cheese. I'm totally looking for this next time I'm shopping :happy:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I love these wedges! Light mayo really isn't bad for you...the one I get is made with olive oil and it has 45 cals a tablespoon (which is a lot of mayo to me), and I use 2% cheese slices at 45 cals a slice...I do love to replace the mayo and cheese with laughing cow though! :)
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love love love them, they are coming out with new flavors soon!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    This cheese is awesome, kinda pricey but totally worth it. I have tried the Light Original Swiss, the Light French Onion and the Light Garlic & Herb (I think that's the name of it). Acoording to the HungryGirl Website they just came out w/ 3 new flavors also, all of which have the 35 cal. but I have yet to find them. I would love to try them. The new flavors are Blue Cheese, Queso Fresco & Chipotle, and Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil, so if anyone tries these PLEASE let me know how they are!!!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    YES! I love love love laughing cow...you all definitely need to try this....its amazing! Not only does it make a difference in calories, it makes a difference in taste...FOR THE BETTER! YUM!
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I havent tried laughing cow but everyone swears they are so tasty!!! Im a huge cheese lover, and mayo too!!! Gosh I just love mayo, but actually I stopped eating mayo and I now put mustard in place of things I would use mayo with. Like when I eat a cheeseburger (Grilled 3 0z patties with 80 calorie bun) I dont use cheese and I use mustard, sometimes we will have baked french fries and I dip them in mustard, it isnt mayo but Im actually enjoying the whole mustard switch out :]
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    This cheese is awesome, kinda pricey but totally worth it. I have tried the Light Original Swiss, the Light French Onion and the Light Garlic & Herb (I think that's the name of it). Acoording to the HungryGirl Website they just came out w/ 3 new flavors also, all of which have the 35 cal. but I have yet to find them. I would love to try them. The new flavors are Blue Cheese, Queso Fresco & Chipotle, and Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil, so if anyone tries these PLEASE let me know how they are!!!

Oh I definately want to try that Queso Fresco & Chipotle :tongue:
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I have replaced my cheese intake with roasted red pepper hummus.