Dark Chocolate

Options

Replies

• FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yup I have 1 or 2 squares a day =) I have read 1 oz a day has good health benefits so sign me up ;P
  • sisterphonetica
    sisterphonetica Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    LOVE dark chocolate.

I'm vegan so any other kind of chocolate seems wrong! Lindt is good and so is Green and Black's. The best, though, (in the UK), is the stuff you get in Lidl. Extremely cheap and extremely good. JD Gross for the flavoured ones, and Bellarom for the plain 74%. I have a square or two every night, again for my sanity!
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    yeah 2 squares of dark chocolate and a small glass of red wine :D x
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    Every now and again I'll just sit down and eat 100g of Lindt 85% cocao. I believe a big lump of calories is good for you every now and again and pure, dark chocolate is good for the soul - especially for women
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Lindt 85% sea salt, or Ghiradelli. yummmm one or two squares a few times a week.

Then again, Snickers have their place, too...
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love endangered species dark chocolate with espresso beans. I like to have a few squares with my black coffee. Yum!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Green and Black 85% - 12 squares. Hey, that is thier serving size :happy:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I buy Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao. Sometimes I buy the 90% but I like the flavour of the 70% best.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is wonderful. In moderation. Has saved me from many a potential binge.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I buy Scharffen Berger 99% cacao unsweetened baking chocolate and melt it, then take dates, stuff them with an almond and dip them half in the chocolate and then in unsweetened flaked coconut. Three of those is about 150 calories and I have it 2-3 times a week. I also will take an ounce of the Scharffen Berger and eat it with slices of apple. The chocolate by itself is low calorie and the sweetness of the apple is just right to set it off. I also like good quality cocoa in my coffee with some cinnamon and skim milk. The natural sweetness of the milk is enough to set of the cocoa. So - plenty of ways to enjoy chocolate.
  • marsviolet
    marsviolet Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    LINDT!!!!! The Strawberry Intense one! OMG I LOVE IT. And the blueberry one and the mint one. I have two pieces every single night. :)
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have one or two dark chocolate bliss at night. Most of the time one is enough. Eating it slow & really letting it melt in your mouth is satisfying. I don't like milk choc. at all anymore. Everything I read says there are good antioxidants in the dark so as long as you partake in moderation, it is all good.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I buy 1 Lindt dark chocolate bar a week, and eat 1 or 2 squares a day. It keeps me sane! I am currently loving the Seasalt flavor. The one with orange is good too!

Have you tried the sea salt with caramel? HEAVEN!
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    its amazing !
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I buy myself a fancy dark chocolate bar every once in a while. I used to bake all the time ending up with tons of cookies, so this is better because it's only 1 bar so I can't go overboard. I try different flavors everytime- I love orange with dark chocolate and hazelnut. No real drawbacks, I can still lose weight if it fits within cals. I like dark chocolate bc I don't go as overboard like with mlk chocolate.
  • Infauna
    Options
    I love Endangered Species 88% Dark Chocolate. :love: I find dark chocolate is more satisfying than milk chocolate so I end up eating less of it when I have a chocolate craving. I still lose weight when I eat it, I just fit it into my calorie goal for the day.
  • ratsassy
    Options
    I buy Scharffen Berger 99% cacao unsweetened baking chocolate and melt it, then take dates, stuff them with an almond and dip them half in the chocolate and then in unsweetened flaked coconut. Three of those is about 150 calories and I have it 2-3 times a week. I also will take an ounce of the Scharffen Berger and eat it with slices of apple. The chocolate by itself is low calorie and the sweetness of the apple is just right to set it off. I also like good quality cocoa in my coffee with some cinnamon and skim milk. The natural sweetness of the milk is enough to set of the cocoa. So - plenty of ways to enjoy chocolate.

That sounds friggin' amazing. You're rad.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think Lindt Dark Chili Chocolate is the best. The sweet satisfies the sugar and chocolate cravings, and the chili limits the amount being eaten!!
  • jekissa729
    Options
    MM...love dark chocolate! So satisfying. I like it plain, chocolate covered pretzels, dark chocolate dipped fruit, dark chocolate raisins, dark chocolate cereal, eat it in my yogurt...(and the list goes on). I probably eat it everyday!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day-- my budget determines how good it is. On a low budget week I get York mini peppermint patties and have one serving size. When I have a little more cash I get Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares, or the ones with raspberry in them.