unwell after exercise

Options
is it wrong that I feel really sick after 30mins on a stationary bike?!! did I push myself to hard maybe?

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    maybe hydration, maybe you did push it a bit hard.... or you could be pregnant. bikes can do that.
  • LMick1986
    Options
    maybe hydration, maybe you did push it a bit hard.... or you could be pregnant. bikes can do that.

Haha! Bikes can get you pregnant?!

Very well could be hydration. Maybe even hunger. If you're not used to working out, you could be pushing it too hard.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    try spending a longer amount of time cooling down (continue pedaling but slower and with less resistance) on the bike before getting off.
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    thanks for your suggestions
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Very well could be hydration. Maybe even hunger. If you're not used to working out, you could be pushing it too hard.

hehe. see what I did there. xoxo
  • LMick1986
    Options

hehe. see what I did there. xoxo

Maybe I should head over to the bikes.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    You might not be fueling yourself enough, are you eating enough? Maybe not drinking enough water?
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yes, hydration is the key.

Also, try a different cardio exercise (to eliminate the stationary bike routine). If it continues, perhaps a trip to a doc. Could be potassium deficiency or some other simple solution.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The first time I started exercising again on Oct 30, I was dehydrated and didn't have water near me to drink...ended up almost puking from it. Next time i worked out, i had water and drank plenty..and felt much better. Def like what others said, HYDRATION!! It is key!! :)
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Eat befor you work out I get this all the time if I avnt ate xxx
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the other posters about hydration, but also advise you to go to your doctor to get checked out as well.

I can do a stationary bicycle for hours, but on our elipitcal machine, I have to work up starting from 10 minutes before my stomache hurts. I only use the exerise machines if I don't get the minimum walking in per my Nike Fuel band ...
  • madmickie
    madmickie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You dont need to engage in any special type of hydration for 30 mins exercise unless you are planning to sprint flat out in a sauna or something. It's way more likely that drinking too much will make you feel sick rather than drinking too little.

Avoid eating or drinking for an hour before working out. Take sips of water if you want during exercise, but only very little.