to much protein bad?

Options
I was wondering if it is bad to have to much protein? I have been under my cal, fat and sodium intake but I find my self going over with the proteins... I am wondering if this is a bad thing?

Replies

• pixietwilight
    pixietwilight Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    As long as you are not going over your fats then you should be ok. So if you are eating alot of egg whites, fish, chicken then there should be no problem. Just make sure you watch your fat intake.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    If you've used the defaults that MFP sets, then your protein goals are too low IMO.

Although it's theoretically possible to get too much protein, in studies of protein intake, people consumed 2.8 g of protein per kg of body weight and had no ill effect. For a 150 lb. person, that's approximately 191 g of protein a day. This assumes you have normal kidney function, of course.
  • starr36
    starr36 Posts: 7
    Options
    Well im the same way, i've been having a GNC lean shake in the mornings and sometimes for lunch and I always end up going over my protein also. I will make sure to watch the fat intake....:smile:
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I asked this myself recently and basically the responses I got were the same, not bad just watch fat intake, which I have yet to go over so I guess I'm OK! Does anyone know how to change totals though, I don't know how to change my protein allowance on here.
  • bwattelet
    bwattelet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! Who do you change the protein allowance on here?
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Go to the GOALS tab on your home page. You can change the protein and other settings there, but watch as you do it, because changing one will automatically adjust another, so that everything ='s 100%.