Why am I even trying :(

Options

Replies

• Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do , do not give up!

You have already lost a huge amount, you just have to keep going.

Sometimes we need a reality check to be able to make us stronger so we can use that as fuel for our motivation.

Think about it this way.. If you give up, then in a years time you will think back and wished that you hadn't, that you would have been so much lighter by then if you had stayed strong and kept losing weight. So do something that your future self will thank you for :D

Be strong and hang in there.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up you've come so far you can do this
  • Adamanda5
    Adamanda5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You have lost 17 lbs!!!! Keep working! If you stop trying now, you will regret it. This is a test! What you do RIGHT NOW will determine whether this was just a failed diet or a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. It doesn't matter what you did or didn't do yesterday. What you do TODAY and every TODAY that follows is what is important. One day at a time. Next time you take a picture, you will find yourself much happier, and you will remember how sad you were and be glad that you did not give up on yourself. You have what it takes! Keep working!!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You have lost 93 pounds!!!! That's not nothing, it's something! :) Of course there's a reason to keep doing this! Stick with it, and you'll be happy with who you are and what you have done!

Um, she has 93 pounds to go.. She hasn't lost 93 pounds. Read the ticker again.

To OP:
    Stick with it.. it will happen.

There have been many times when I've just wanted to give up(sometimes I almost did!) but once I saw the end result, I knew this whole thing was worth it.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Pictures are tough. It's too easy to be way too hard on ourselves. I am 9 lbs away from my goal and I took some pictures in a sports bra and shorts the other day and I had to delete them as soon as I took them. I looked at them and immediately felt disappointed because my abs aren't perfect, my legs aren't perfect, etc. I'm sure supermodels even look at their pics sometimes and think "ugh!".

Like some other posters said, come up with some other ways to track your progress. Take measurements, keep old clothes around to see how far you've come, etc. Pictures stink!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. There's always that voice in the back of your head telling you "what makes you think THIS time will work?"

Answer back. Tell your brain off! You can do it!

And I know you hate the pictures, but I very much regret not taking before pictures. Keep it up! You can do this!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    That girl in the 'before' pictures is not telling you that it can't be done.
    She's begging you to do it for her. Don't let her down, she needs this from you.
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone u guys have really helped i feel better today i think yeaterday with not workout and being dizzy and just total off i i i just was not myself! and lol I wish I have lost all that already :)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is worth trying. One of two things is going to happen tomorrow: You will be one day closer to your goal or you will be one day further away from your goal. What's your choice? I say choose your health. Just keep making all your choices about your health and don't worry so much about the numbers on your scale. If every choice you make is one for better health, then the weight will come off. Good Luck!
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    She's begging you to do it for her. Don't let her down, she needs this from you.

Wow I love that! Very well said!!!!! Thanks that helped more than u know!!!!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You are trying because your kids need you! I say that because my mother is 58 years old and is close to 400lbs. She has SO many health problems I am afraid she wont be here 6 months from now. I told her that I need her to try because I want her to see my kids grow up. I have been telling her this for YEARS but she has given up because she thinks it will be too hard for her to do it :(

You have come such a long way please dont stop now! You may not want "look" the way you want but you are still here! Keep pushing, your kids want you to be there when they get older they really wont care how you look but they do care that you are there and healthy!! You CAN do it because you ARE doing it! Dont let your mirror steal your glory! You are more important than a reflection!! Keep up the good work and it WILL happen. One day you will look in the mirror and you will see the person you want to be. It may be hard, it may seem impossible but it is not and it is worth it!
  • jenn11411
    jenn11411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    please do not be so hard on yourself. We often talk negatively to ourselves - I'm gross, I'm fat, I don't look good, whatever. We would never say these things to other people. How can we say them to ourselves?

I know it is easier said then done but there's just no good to come from negative self talk!

i know it's so hard, i struggle every day. i was ready to give up yesterday. just keep the end in mind.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Wow I love that! Very well said!!!!! Thanks that helped more than u know!!!!

I'm glad it helped, it's how I see things.

You can do it! It may take a little while, and some days will be better than others. By this time next year, she's going to be very, very proud of you.

Go on girl, kill it!!!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Wow! Love this!!
  • deannamalik
    Options

I LOVE THIS!!! I'm putting on facebook LOL. I'm having a very hard time getting up and moving. My self control sucks and I dont have a very big support system. My husband eats whatever he wants (all junk) and he still has a 6 pack. I took before pics about 2 years ago... lost 20 pounds then got pregnant and now I'm right back where I started. Add me as a friend and we can help each other!!! I do better when I have friends who are doing this too.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

^^ This!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was in your exact spot 9 months ago, and I had 100lbs to lose.I know losing so much weight is daunting,but just breath ^u^ Don't think of how hard it will be, think of how because you decided to take the right steps not too long from now the future you looking back in the mirror will be thanking you for the rest of her life.Why? because YOU had the courage and determination to make the change :) You can do it, I know you can! Best of luck doll!!
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If I lost 93 pounds I'd walk down the street naked. I do. not. care. (And I have more than that to lose). You need to appreciate your body and what its done for you this far. You are amazing. You need to appreciate it! You are incredible!
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way: This time next year you're at goal and thrilled with how great you look. But if you quit now, this time next year you'll be kicking yourself because you didn't stick with it and are still unhappy with your appearance. Pick one.
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is some powerful language, and it hurts me to think you feel that way about yourself. How would you feel if you heard a child say something like that? You would probably tell them they were wrong. I suggest you treat yourself with "kid gloves," and be as kind, conpassionate, and supportive to yourself as you probably are to others. You ARE worth it. You deserve good health happiness. Those negative tapes you play in your mind need to be taken out and replaced with some positive affirmations.

This x 100!