New, Fat, looking for friends;)

Options
I am 48 years old, and weigh 319 lbs.. I just discovered this site today, and from what i gleaned from the internet, it has been a success for many people. I am hoping to count myself as one of them. My plan is to log on here daily, log my food and exercise, and really get to know others like me to be supported by and to also support:) What i read about this site says that one of the major reasons it is a success is the support you get from befriending people, which makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and i look forward to getting to know you;)

Replies

• sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've already taken that first huge step by creating your account and being here. Feel free to send me a request. I'm here daily and willing to provide the support and encouragement!!! :-)
  • vannatsmom
    Options
    Hi There. I just joined today after a friend told me about the site. She has had excellent results. I especially like that you can tell easily how many carbs, fat, etc. you need to reach your goal. I am 43 years old and would rather not post my weight, but leave it to say that I have quite a bit to lose. I wish you the best!
  • Fluffie8u
    Fluffie8u Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You sound so positive already! Friend me if you would like. Together we can help eachother out!!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm glad you found this site. I'd be happy to support and motivate as we all work towards our goals.
  • jasvics
    jasvics Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I have struggled with food my whole life and I have found this site to work for me...

The hardest thing is not lying to yourself. I struggled with being untrue to myself as to how much (portion) I actually ate. Once I realized how detrimental that was to my own success, I started succeeding!!!

Good luck, you can do this, and never give up!!!

My new favorite saying: If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up!!! :happy:

Friend me if you would like to also!!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you are now among friends! If you need more friends, feel free to send me a request. If you've been overwhelmed, no biggie! I do try and comment everyday, send positive vibes, and small chats!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Glad you found this site and glad you're ready to make some changes!!!! Love your photo - so right, you CAN lose 10 pounds, 10 times!!!!! Feel free to friend me if you'd like
  • Corissa0381
    Options
    Hi :) I'm looking for friends who have 100 or more to lose as well. Feel free to add me for support! Congrats on making the first step! This site is amazing : )
  • thanks for the great responses so far:)
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am fairly new and finding this site to be fantastic! Please feel free to add me, I log in every day and my diary is open :-)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome this is the best site for weight loss you'll do great here feel free to add me for support
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 49. I weighed 304 lbs. when I started my healthy lifestyle journey 14 mos. ago. Having a group of supportive friends can really be helpful. Please feel free to add me.