Are you sick?

Options
johned63
johned63 Posts: 306 Member
Since May I have lost 56 pounds. This week I went on a business trip and spent some time with coworkers that I only see every few months.

There are two groups that travel to this location and we usually meet partway to carpool the rest of the trip. When the people I ride with arrived the first thing I heard was - "are you sick"? I said "no, I am feeling great" and then she said "and you really look good, I was not sure if you were sick or losing weight on purpose"

After we got to our destination and the meeting was about to start someone said "You are looking really good, you're not sick are you?"

I had not been asked about being sick before, but it was funny that it happened twice in the same day.

Later on someone asked how I was losing weight and I said I am watching the amounts I eat, but most important was I had gotten my muscle to finally heal and get stronger and that allowed me to get rid of my cane and start walking more. Then they said OMG I did not even realize you are not using a cane and that you are not limping anymore. LMAO I have been using a cane for so long it is hard to imagine that it would not be the first thing people notice. I guess the weight loss is more dramatic than not carrying a cane everywhere I go.

First meeting the next morning I hear, "Hi John, wow you are so skinny, are you feeling ok?"

NO, I am not sick :-)

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's really nice that they added the "You're looking really good" as the reason they thought you might be sick.

Nice work! 56 pounds is amazing!
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Well you know they care or they wouldn't ask. They must have thought you looked fine the way you were. Congrats on the weight loss
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss!! You did lose it quickly, so I guess it's natural they'd be concerned. :happy:

Keep up the good work. Feels good, doesn't it?? :D
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You ROCK sir, period!

Maybe a good reply when someone asks you that is:

"Are you sick?"

YEP...I was sick, sick and tired of all of this excess weight and unhealthy lifestyle. But I'm all better now and I'm not done yet either. So, I've been working hard to get the fat off of me by making better choices in my foods and drinks and moving this body of mine more. The results of my sacrificing my prior sickness of eating and drinking anything I want, whenever I want and not purposefully exercising and/or moving my body more is 56 big, ugly, unhealthy pounds getting drop kicked into the place of sickness and dis-ease. But thanks for asking--and then give them a high five for noticing....or something like that!

I'm proud of you!
  • berkra
    berkra Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That is much better then what I heard a guy ask another at a x-mas party two years ago
    "Man you are so skinny do you have cancer?"

Granted he got down to 170ish from roughly 240 and he did not look his rosy self... go figure
    Congrats on loosing your cane and the 56lbs

That x-mas party was my turning point... I started the next day couch to 5k... since then I have finished 4 1/2 marathons
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!