What is your average lbs per week loss?

Options
I am hoping to get alot of response to this. I guess I would be grateful to know when you started and how much you have lost since you started. I know that everyone loses differently, but I was curious what the general consensus was. Thanks!

Replies

• ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    Options
    I am hoping to get alot of response to this. I guess I would be grateful to know when you started and how much you have lost since you started. I know that everyone loses differently, but I was curious what the general consensus was. Thanks!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    on average about 1.5 lbs, but lately it's been 2 a weeks pretty steadily. I've been here for about 2 months and a week
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I started January 1st and have lost 20 lbs. There are people on here who have lost much quicker though. I'm happy to go slow and steady. Hopefully I can keep it off that way.

Sometimes it is more about where you end up, not how (fast) you get there.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    20 weeks here, 35 lbs lost = 1.75 lbs/week

However, some weeks I lost nothing or gained 1/2 lb.... other weeks I lost 3, 4, 5 lbs even.
  • vkgrubbs
    vkgrubbs Posts: 5
    Options
    I started January 1st and have lost 35 lbs. I had hoped to lose 10 lbs. a month, but I'm content with what I've done.

50629.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    10 pounds in 10 weeks
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I started in mid March with 9lbs to lose. I have 2 to go. I've been losing a little less than a pound a week. Right now the tool is telling me that if I stay to 1200 cals, exercise, etc... then I should lose .3 lbs a week, but I realize that these last few are going to be the hardest.

:grumble:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    been here for 2 months as of June 1 and so far have lost 28 pounds, which works out to something like 4 pounds a week. BUT, I have another 111 or so to go!
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started in March and have lost 25 lbs:drinker: , on an average 2 lbs per week. My BMI is still in the obese section so I still have many to go. Don't forget that weight isn't the only measure....I have lost inches and inches. :happy:
  • sheristeele
    sheristeele Posts: 39
    Options
    I am loving this website! I have lost 4 1/2 lbs in just 3 weeks since I started on the site, and although I am watching what I eat and counting calories, etc, I am not feeling hungry all the time. Before joinin the site, I had lost only 4 lbs in 3 months (and I was starving myself to death!).
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I have been a MFP member for 12 weeks and have lost 15 pounds. Very happy slow and steady

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i started in march and lost nothing and then i dropped 5lb 7 lb 3lb
    my most common weekly amount is 3lb but i eat all my exercise calories and exercise at least x4 a week either on my gym or i do 45 mins swimming ... i am strict about not exercising on my rest days as i have cfs and fibromyalgia and my doc said i must take my rest days so i dont relapse
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The average is a little over 2 lbs a week, but it came off quite fast at first. It's more like 1 to 1.5 per week now.
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    I am short..so weight loss takes forever. At first 1 was loosing 1lb a week. Now that I have lost 20 I loose .5 a week.

Slow and steady keeps it off
  • trishastarr
    trishastarr Posts: 20
    Options
    I have been on for about 4 weeks and lost about 8 lbs, so 2 lbs a week for me.... Hopefully I can keep that up... but I am sure it is about to slow down.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I started this journey on January 13th....I've lost 77 lbs so far!!! I lost a lot at first, like 5-6 lbs a week for the first month or so, then it slowed down to 3 -4 lbs, and now I average the 1- 2 lbs a week loss...just keep up the exercise and follow your nutritional guidelines set up here and it'll happen! Fast for some, slow for others....but it will happen!!!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Almost been at it for about 6 weeks and lost 28 pounds so 4.6667 pounds a week. Not too shabby. Stay tuned Ill be doing calvin klien under wear photo shoots in no time and my claim to fame will reference my success to MFP.com and the family here :):bigsmile:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I started march 8th and have went from 174 to 154 so that is 20 lbs in almost 3 months.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I started March 12 and have lost 21 lbs. so far, that's 11 weeks and 21 lbs., almost 2 lbs. per week.:flowerforyou:
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    On the scale I've lost 6 lbs in 7 weeks. So, less then a lb a week . (Sort of annoying now that I look at it like that). However, I've also dropped 4% body fat. So, even though the scale doesn't show it, I've lost 10 lbs of fat and gained 4 lbs of muscle.

sign0061.gif