Drinking water

Options
I'm trying to get in my 8 -12 glasses of water a day. I aim for 9 and when you factor in the water in my protein shake and tea it's usually over 9 but I don't count it as water, only straight water I count.

Anyways, I am a teacher, and as a teacher I just can't go to the bathroom any time I want so I can't do any more than sip a bit here and there during the school day as I am terrified I will have to use the washroom during class time and I can't. Because of this I tend to drink most of my water late afternoon early evening in large doses. As long as I am getting the water in through out the day does it matter much when and how much at a time, with regards to loosing weight?

Replies

• danaweston
    Options
    I would not think that "when" you drink the water is important. You could drink water before you leave to go to work ( go to restroom when you arrive ) drink just before lunch ( go at lunch ) drink just before you go home ( go at home ) I work in a dental office and cannot always "go " when I must....I feel your pain. good luck
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters when you drink your water. If you were drinking gallon upon gallon and were in danger of "drowning" from water, as some misguided endurance athletes are, that would be a different matter.
  • bail8gent
    Options
    Just FYI it really doesn't matter when but get in at least half your body weight in Ounces for example :

I weigh 194lbs so I try and drink 97oz of Water daily.

Another note after 7:30pm drinking water will make you hit the bathroom all hours of the night ! Lol

Have a great weekend !
  • nannye
    Options
    Thanks everyone I didn't think the when would matter but thank you for clarification.

Yes my cut off is 8 pm and I usually go to bed at 11, and i usually have to get up once at least. depending on when I am waking up anyways.

bail8agent, if I go with that method I'd be drinking 120 oz or 15 cups a day, eeep not sure if I could do that. I know I should be drinking more than the 8-10 that I am, sometimes it's hard just to get that in. I will try to do more tho.
    Thanks