Looking for a buddy!

Options
Hi Everyone. I am 24 years old and have been a member of MyFitnessPal for a very long time - visiting the page off and on since I was probably 17! I am now taking control of my lifestyle and logging in every day to track my exercise and food consumed. My goal is to eat healthy foods consistently and lose 15-20 pounds. I mostly do a great job at holding myself accountable and tracking everything however sometimes I lose my motivation, stop tracking my foods, lose control and go on a carb-frenzy. Due to these rough patches (which happen more than I'd like to say), I gain back any weight that I lose. The only consistent thing about my lifestyle right now is that I eat well, lose 3 pounds, feel better, eat more and gain it back, repeat.

I'd like to meet some of you and maybe have a motivational support group for those tough days where we all need a little help with staying on track. Nice to meet you all! I'm sure I'll see you around these forums.

Replies

• lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like :) I'm on here everyday, but just recently started adding friends and we always support and encourage each other.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Our weight loss goals are similar, I'm getting closer to the end of my weight loss journey but feel free to add me :)
  • sheepgirl44
    sheepgirl44 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started my fitness pal (<1 week in!), and would love buddies!
  • jdubz18
    jdubz18 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Add me!!!!!! I'm happy to support anyone who needs a buddy ;)
  • sheastylez528
    Options
    Add me as well! I just joined a few minutes ago and would love some company along this weight-loss journey! :)
  • jsbodhi
    Options
    Count me in too!!!
  • LaRizza
    Options
    I am in the same situation as you are. I have been being very good about holding myself accountable but have had more set back than I would like. I would be happy to add you as a friend for some added moral support for us both! I have about 25 pounds to lose before I'm back to my goal weight and it would be nice to be on this journey with some friends by my side :)
  • Grizzly_Mike
    Options
    Hey there I am always trying to motivate others as well as myself to keep on track and get healthy! I will send you a request. Lets get this Fitness Train on the right tracks.
  • bananabrownie
    Options
    You can add me! I'm new to calorie counting so my food diary sucks right now, but I'll get better! :D Eventually haha
  • angelinabarnes
    Options
    could be doing with some tips and friends for support on this also xx
  • kgirsch
    Options
    I would love to join a group! I just signed on yesterday so this is all very new to me. Any advice and encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
  • KmusicheartBTS
    KmusicheartBTS Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for buddies too :-) I'm tired of doing it alone, because I've been yo-yoing just like you and it's frustrating. There will be days when you won't log foods or have no motivation and eat instead. Then you'll feel really bad. But, the key is to keep going. That's how I'm thinking. I currently need to lose about 10 lbs. I live in Pittsburgh, so it's getting chilly; therefore, I've started to exercise on my Xbox Kinect, which is very new but so much fun! Anyway, I'm willing to offer encouragement to anyone, who wishes to be my friend, so add me :-)

Evelyn
  • AimeeSwim
    Options
    I'd love to join a group here :) I joined several days ago and find it really helps me stay concentrated. I'm from N.Ireland and am looking for people who need and give out some motiviation, all my family are genetically very thin except me so I am generally alone in doing low calorie diets and exercise, it would be great to see how everyone does, I'm very positivie and I want to give encouragement just as much as to receive it :-)