Exercise

Options
I have been here using MFP since August, doing well losing an average of 2 lbs per week. It was a big step for me to truly put the effort in to lose weight. I have been fat, yes I said it, pretty much my whole life, and honestly it never bothered me. I was always pretty happy with myself. I was active, perfect sugar, awesome cholesterol, good blood pressure. I always had boy friends when I was younger and I have a wonderful husband who loves me regardless of my weight.

So what set me on my journey to finally try to lose weight? In 2007 I was diagnosed with MS, my blood pressure rose slightly after my diagnosis and is now controlled with medication. Also having MS there is a greater possibility that I might one day become disabled, I know at my current weight if that happens living at home would become difficult. So after several years of thinking about it something clicked and here I am doing something about it.

So I feel secure that my eating is under control with the help of this site now I am just trying to work in exercise not an easy task because unfortunately one of my most prominate symptoms is fatigue, and I work full time in a job that has me on my feet all day, and I am active in my daughters life, I am a girl scout leader and a cheer leading coach. So I know I need to do it and I know I feel good when I do it just need to get over the telling myself these things and get to the doing it! Hoping it won't take as long as it did to get serious about losing weight in the first place.

Thanks for reading this, needed to see it in writing hoping that helps me just do it.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can do it! Even 10 minutes of movement is better than none!
  • bhfood
    bhfood Posts: 77
    Options
    you can do it. just remember every day is a fresh new start and forget about the past you can do nothing but move forward. baby steps will get you there and before you know it you're a toddler and etc. lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can do it! Even 10 minutes of movement is better than none!

^^^ This

The first few weeks that I started exercising, it started out with about 5 minutes, then up to 10, then I started Couch to 5k and now I do about 30 minutes.