Sweet Nacho Supreme

Options
so i don't know if this was ever invented, but i used to make this all the time for my brothers and sisters when we wanted a sweet treat.
****NOTE:I DIDN'T GIVE SPECIFIC MEASUREMENTS BECAUSE IT DEPENDS ON HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU MAKE IT FOR****

ingredients:

soft shell tacos (small) cut in fours

cinnamon

sugar

strawberry cream cheese

apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries (diced)

whip cream (optional)

directions:

in a ziplock bag, make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, set aside

in a small pot melt the strawberry cream cheese, set aside

in a bowl, mix all of your diced fruit, set aside

take soft taco shells and deep fry them until crispy and crunchy.

while still wet, shake in a ziplock bag of a sugar and cinnamon mixture. put on plate or in bowl. these are your "chips"

drizzle the warm cream cheese over the chips. this is your "nacho cheese"

top with the mixture of diced fruit. this is your "salsa"

finally, top with a dollop of whip cream. this is your "sour cream"

ENJOY!!!!

feel free to leave comments on how you liked it or what twists you put on yours!!!!!

Replies

• DanielleB1016
    Options
    They sound so delish!

Although, I can think of some ways to make them a tad healthier but have similar tastes. Instead of frying, bake in the oven sprayed with a little cooking spray sprinkle with cinnamon. Instead of whipped cream, use greek yogurt (could sweeten with stevia or honey).

If you wanted to go a little further, you could use whole wheat tortillas or whole wheat pita :)
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    They sound so delish!

Although, I can think of some ways to make them a tad healthier but have similar tastes. Instead of frying, bake in the oven sprayed with a little cooking spray sprinkle with cinnamon. Instead of whipped cream, use greek yogurt (could sweeten with stevia or honey).

If you wanted to go a little further, you could use whole wheat tortillas or whole wheat pita :)

Of course! Great idea!
  • DanielleB1016
    Options
    Now I want nachos! LoL Nacho Party!!!!
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this