Favorite Protein Filled Snacks?

Options
Just looking for some good ideas :-)

currently greek yogurt or almonds is my go-to

Replies

• notyouraveragetalia
    Options
    egg whites or eggs in general
    homemade protein bars http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-carrot-cake-protein-bars.htm
    whipped cottage cheese (blend cottage cheese in a food processor, serve w/ fruit or flavoring of your choice)
    dashingdish.com does a lot of high protein snacky items (i like the protein muffins best)
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTAH.
    String cheese
    Eggs
    any kind of nut
    beef jerky
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Oh also, I made peanut butter protein cookies a while ago, it's a Dashing Dish recipe. They were excellent.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Nuts!

I'm not sure how eggs can be a snack since you have to cook them. To me a snack is some you can just grab and eat without effort. :laugh:
  • LMG130
    LMG130 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    dashing dish looks awesome! I'll have to check that site out more...when I'm not working... :-p
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now, and one that I just finished eating, is an apple cut up in to pieces, heated in the microwave for 1 minute, 1 cup of cottage cheese with 1 tsp. of cinnamon. Yum!!!! I work from home though so snacks don't need to be grab and go.
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    if you boil the eggs ahead of time and keep them in the fridge they become a good grab and go protein!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars. Check them out.
  • KaraGrr
    KaraGrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love a hard boiled egg with an apple, totally satisfies me! Or like 10 almonds instead of the fruit.

You can cut bananas up in slices and put PB inbetween two pieces to make little sandwiches & freeze them. Kinda fun :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Seapoint Farms dry roasted edamame
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    for snack out in the world such as a movie or something, Jack Link's make a good turkey jerky. Ill grab a few bags of those.
  • KaraGrr
    KaraGrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Those look awesome where do you get them??
    EDIT: I see on their website I can supposedly find em at Albertsons & Wally World...never noticed them before hmm.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Those look awesome where do you get them??

These are really good and do not have all the fats eggs, nuts and cheese have. They have 14g of protein for 130 cals as opposed to almonds for example that only has 6g for 160 cals.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My favorites are:

Peanut butter and honey sandwich
    Beef/Turkey Jerky
    My protein shake (BSN Syntha-6 Vanilla Ice Cream protein powder, about a cup of frozen strawberries, a cup of original unsweetened Silk Pure almond milk, a cup of Danon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt, and six ice cubes all blended together)
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    Natural yoghurt mixed with protein powder and peanut butter. So lovely :)
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options

I like the variety of dry roasted edamame that comes with the goji berries in it.

Chobani Greek yogurt is also great. High in protein, low in sugar (when getting the plain), and very low sodium.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Think Thin protein bars, cashews, Greek yogurt, beef jerky
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    greek yogurt, protein shakes, cottage cheese with some hummus mixed in, meat, some more meat oh and protein shakes.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    Beef jerky. They sell 42g snack bags of Jack Link's at the little self-service market in my office building. 120 cals and 22g of protein... better than a chocolate peanut butter protein bar!
  • koneill
    Options
    bump