Exercise Calories

Options
Hello, I need some assistance...

I eat 1200 calories per day, however I am a boxer and I do a fitness bootcamp so I end up burning way more than the 1200 that I eat during the day. After I log in all of my food, it will tell me that I have 1100 or 1300 calories remaining for the day. Am I supposed to go back and eat another 1200 calories? This doesn't make sense to me... seems like I'd be gaining instead of losing if I'm eating a days worth of food twice in one day!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    1200 calorie was for you to loose weight, so for you to meet that goal you must eat your exercise calories or one of 2 things can happen.
    1. You body does not get enough fuel you will be tired and may go into starvation mode where your body will hoard fat and calories making it harder to loose weight.
    or
    2. Loose more weight then what your goal was set at as you are burning more calories

#1 is more likely with that large of a caloric deficit, try eating back at least half of the calories burned via exercise.
  • firreel1
    firreel1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Dude, if your a boxer, and you train like a true boxer, you need to consume way more than 1200 cals. My bro is a welterweight boxer and in his training regimen he consumes almost 3000 cals/day. You should only do a calorie reduction when you need to make weight for a match. 1200 cals is borderline unhealthy and any doctor or dietician would tell you that. Hope this helps.--Firreel
  • stewarkb
    stewarkb Posts: 6
    Options
    Boxing is not my profession, just something I do with a boxing coach 3 times a week for exercise. I'm also a FEMALE... so my calorie intake is going to be way different than that of a male who boxes as a profession and on a regular basis. My doctor and dietician are the ones who have me on the strict 1200 calorie diet.

Thanks