Struggling Mom

Options
I am a Mom to three young kids. I have been trying for months to lose weight and I keep failing. Just discovered this website, hoping it will help me get with it. Looking for some friends to join on this journey. Please add me if you'd like.

Replies

• salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You are the most important thing in the world. You have 3 babies to love and live for. You can't be the best you without loving yourself & taking care of yourself....kudo's for joining....let the journey begin! believe in yourself, you can do it!
  • donnas144
    donnas144 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    im a mum to two under five. since ive been doung this ive noticed my children are eating more fruit and veg. infact my husband tpo.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My best advice to dont get too aggressive.. based on your ticket you should aim for 1.5 lbs per week and if you have three kids you are probably light active. If you exercise then eat back 50% of the calories. Also, if you want you can adjust your macros to 35% carb,40% protein and 25% fats. This will help with preserving your muscle.
  • donnas144
    donnas144 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ive started using slow cooker which is great for cassroles and soups etc. keep going and u will see how it will have a pisitive impact in your family.
  • iSurvive
    Options
    My three are all under the age of five. I do want to become a better example for them. I see them dipping everything in ranch and I know how terrible of an example I am becoming to them! I am a terrible cook, so fast food, or frozen meals are just too convenient. I am going to make an effort to cook more.
  • iSurvive
    Options
    Thanks for the adds, anyone else looking for friends please feel free to add me. I know I need others to help me do this and I am here to support others too!!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 yr old and 19 month old. Charting my food helped me realize how much I was snacking. I also joined a 24 hr gym and work out either during naptime (with a video) or go to gym after they go to bed. Only about 4 days a week total. Good luck.