Advice... have I ruined it?

Options
I stayed within my calorie count for 2 weeks and did so well with exercise too, the results were starting to come... then today for some reason I slipped off the deep end and managed to consume 2500 calories!! (with my exercise this is 900 calories over my daily goal)

Have I just ruined my 2 great weeks?

Replies

• derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    NO. You only ruined one day of 365. Now move forward and start fresh tomorrow!
  • Unakachina
    Options
    :smile: yes indeed..
    thanks!

I suppose I'm afraid I'll lose my motivation if I don't see progress
  • KmusicheartBTS
    KmusicheartBTS Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Falling off the wagon is a normal part of any routine or process. Been there done that and felt bad. One day is not gonna ruin anything. Now if you continue like this for a week, then your body is gonna respond accordingly. Leave this day behind and continue fresh. That's what I'm trying to do every day, even though I've fallen off the wagon too many times for the past two months...

Evelyn
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    :smile: yes indeed..
    thanks!

I suppose I'm afraid I'll lose my motivation if I don't see progress

If you lose motivation you wont see progress! Make it fun :)

Make yourself a little better than last time!

Plus IMO, 900 over and being at 2500 isnt really that bad!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If you've been eating 1000 calories below your maintenance level (to lose two pounds per week) and ate 900 calories today, you were still 100 calories below maintenance. "Maintenance" is what you'd eat to maintain your weight.

In other words you're fine.

You'd have to eat 3500 calories OVER your maintenance to gain a pound. So even if you ate an extra 900 calories above your limit every day, you wouldn't gain any weight. You just wouldn't lose any.

Everyone has a bad day now and again. Just pick up and keep going.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the human race. We all have times like this. It is impossible to perfect 100% of the time. Weight loss and fitness is about a pattern of behavior over time, not a one-week-process.
  • Unakachina
    Options
    Thank you for all your support, it feels really good to have it :smile:

Tomorrow is a new day