Insanity vs 30 Day Shred.

Options
Ok guys,

So I've tried both of these workouts more than once and every single time, I've lost all motivation. But I'm determined to transform my body into the shape that I want it to be and I want to find the best workout to be able to do this.

Which brings me to my question, which one do you guys think would be better for my situation? I'm 5"2 and I weigh 121 lbs. I'm mostly happy with my weight (I want to lose a little bit more, not much though) I just really want to tone and shape my body. I want a flat stomach and a small middle are in general really, I just want to be happy in a bikini! Haha.

Here are some pics to help you get more of an idea of what i look like:

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

Thanks

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Pics aren't working, but Insanity is more for fat loss and less for shaping the body. I think P90x might be a better program for you, since it focuses on muscle work.
  • jadieee123
    Options
    Sorry, pictures have been updated!

Really don't like the idea of P90X as it involves me spending money that I don't have :(
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Pics aren't working, but Insanity is more for fat loss and less for shaping the body. I think P90x might be a better program for you, since it focuses on muscle work.

uhhh...she didnt ask about P90X

and if it is difficult to stick with 30DS, then sticking with P90X is not going to happen.

OP...get so you can blast through 30DS, it is much shorter for each work out and easier to stick with if you lose motivation easily

many people have great results with 30DS, but you have to stick with it

good luck
  • jadieee123
    Options

and if it is difficult to stick with 30DS, then sticking with P90X is not going to happen.

OP...get so you can blast through 30DS, it is much shorter for each work out and easier to stick with if you lose motivation easily

good luck

Yeah, I was kinda swaying towards 30DS but have been put off by the fact that its not as vigorous as Insanity.

I'm planning to stick with it this time, sick of looking at the above pictures in the mirror every day! Haha

Thanks for the advice :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

good luck

Yeah, I was kinda swaying towards 30DS but have been put off by the fact that its not as vigorous as Insanity.

I'm planning to stick with it this time, sick of looking at the above pictures in the mirror every day! Haha

Thanks for the advice :)

you can drastically improve 30DS by increasing the weights you use. If you increase the weights, I would do the 30DS every OTHER day instead of every day and on the day in between, do 20 minutes cardio in the morning and 20 minutes in the afternoon or evening. Even a brisk 20 minute walk helps a bunch
  • jadieee123
    Options
    you can drastically improve 30DS by increasing the weights you use. If you increase the weights, I would do the 30DS every OTHER day instead of every day and on the day in between, do 20 minutes cardio in the morning and 20 minutes in the afternoon or evening. Even a brisk 20 minute walk helps a bunch

See that's another problem for me, when doing 30DS in the past I've had to use tins of beans or spaghetti for weights as I have none :( seems pointless I know but I figured it would be best to use something rather than nothing at all.

Will I see less of a result if I did the workout every day with the tins?
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

See that's another problem for me, when doing 30DS in the past I've had to use tins of beans or spaghetti for weights as I have none :( seems pointless I know but I figured it would be best to use something rather than nothing at all.

Will I see less of a result if I did the workout every day with the tins?

yes...do the push ups especially....no need for weights there and of course your food choices and total calories but ..yes...you will get results...gallon milk jugs filled with water are good too
  • jadieee123
    Options
    yes...do the push ups especially....no need for weights there and of course your food choices and total calories but ..yes...you will get results...gallon milk jugs filled with water are good too

As my middle is a problem area I was thinking of doing extra crunches and bicycle crunches after the workout too.

I'm trying to be good with my food, I'm getting better! Still needs a bit of work though haha and I'm going to force myself to drink more water, I practically live off tea and juice :(