• bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    low carb is just stupid.
    it doesnt matter if you low carb it or not.. nor does it matter if you have carbs at night lol.. if you hitting you calorie deficit... what is your body magically going to get excess calories from to store more fat.

enjoy your carbs...
    the onlyyyyyy time you might want to think about manipulating carbs/fats excessively is when your on veryyy low body fats preparing for a competition.

People who have insulin resistance or are diabetic need to limit their carbs to around 100 per day. Some people HAVE to eat low-carb. "Low-carb" doesn't mean Atkins.

So, no, the onlyyyyyyyyyyyy time to worry about carbs is NOT just when you're prepping for a competition. Some people need to worry about them EVERY DAY.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Anyone know a good LC substitution for pasta in a creamy sauce? I'm talking mac and cheese, creamy tuna pasta, or fettuccine Alfredo, or.... I've tried using zucchini noodles. I've even tried half zucchini half noodles, and throwing in tons of protein to balance it out. Just not the same.

My LC lasagna is better than the original.

I use Dreamfield's pasta when I'm using a creamy sauce. Spaghetti squash works also if you don't mind the slight crunch
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    low carb is just stupid.
    it doesnt matter if you low carb it or not.. nor does it matter if you have carbs at night lol.. if you hitting you calorie deficit... what is your body magically going to get excess calories from to store more fat.

enjoy your carbs...
    the onlyyyyyy time you might want to think about manipulating carbs/fats excessively is when your on veryyy low body fats preparing for a competition.

People who have insulin resistance or are diabetic need to limit their carbs to around 100 per day. Some people HAVE to eat low-carb. "Low-carb" doesn't mean Atkins.

So, no, the onlyyyyyyyyyyyy time to worry about carbs is NOT just when you're prepping for a competition. Some people need to worry about them EVERY DAY.

The type two diabetic guy typing this, who is controlling his diabetic condition through diet and exercise after several years of shooting insulin several times daily says, "yup." Keeping the carbs low and exercising every day has enabled me to get off insulin which is a wonderful thing.
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    Thank you for the recipes. I found several I would like to try.
  • SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bpreteroti
    Options
    bump
  • CandyAppleCockers
    CandyAppleCockers Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin, make a large slit in it, pound it flat. In the middle put cream cheese and feta, little bit of sriracha for some bite. Wrap with bacon. Cook at 400 for about an hour.

Skin on chicken dry rubbed with salt pepper and garlic is a hit in my low carb house.

4 bell peppers cut up, drizzled with evoo, sprinkled with garlic is y newest surprise. I've never liked peppers.. I usually cook at 400 for 30 minutes and then 450 for about 20 minutes.

Cut up cauliflower into small pieces drizzle with oil, salt, pepper, garlic. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes. Every fifteen minutes move them on the pan some.

Cook broccoli thoroughly. In a baking dish place the cooked and drained broccoli. Add bacon bits and shredded cheese. Bake at 400 till the cheese is bubbly, top with sour cream to serve.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Sharing. With Kids. .Thx