Hi from Sarah in New Zealand

Options
Hi All!

If my signature doesn't explain well enough, I am here because I lost 17kg about 2 1/2 years ago but between about April and December last year, put 12kg of that back on : ( It's ALL been bad choices... Burger King for lunch 1-2 times a week... A big sandwhich, sausage roll AND piece of cake from the lunch bar on the other days... chippies and chocolate galore in the evenings/on my drive home from work. yeah just my own fault entirely, I didn't realise the full magnitude of HOW high in energy those things were.

I've been doing WW since the start of the year but lost nothing, so have thrown that one in.

(I was about to do a big "WW putting me in starvation mode because of the way it penalises fats" rant, but this isn't really the place, is it? And I'm sure you all know already!)

The last couple of weeks I've not been eating my exercise (have been doing the c25k so doing 25 min run 2-3 times a week, plus about 30 minutes of walking every day) as I thought the min calories thing was JUST eaten ones, but read a thread today that showed how I was thinking wrongly there, so hopefully I can shift some of this!

Replies

• melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    You sound like me!
    I am from NZ - last year I lost 12kg and then sometime between October and now i put most of it back on - and WW is not working for me this time either!
  • Danica27
    Danica27 Posts: 10
    Options
    I too have tried WW twice and lost weight both times. Tried it again, and just no go. Have done the South Beach route once and lost weight on it as well, but just couldn't stomach it. This time I just want to try and control portions and lay off the junk food (for the most part). Family occasions are tough though. Keep trying and eventually you will be successful.