Brand new and in need of motivational friends :)

Options
I've been doing this less than a week, but I'm already more committed to it than I ever have been before. But I often lose steam after a few weeks of any healthy eating regime, so I need friends to keep me going!!! I'm a 32 year old woman in NY.

Replies

• MarieKG77
    MarieKG77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is only day 2 for me, but I am super excited to lose weight and to keep it off this time around. I am 35 and live in southwestern Illinois (Just outside St Louis Mo). I will send you a friend request. Maybe we can both help to motivate each other to stick with it. I also joined the group onederland today. I am setting the goal for myself to lose 20 lbs by January 1st.
  • honnyladew
    Options
    Ok I am game!! I need friends too!! I have tried to get some of my firends to join and do this but they haven't I have logged in for the past 2 weeks now and have lost 7lbs already!! Lets be friends and do this together!
  • fishinthetown
    fishinthetown Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm less than a week in too. I'll friend request you...I could really use motivation too!
  • bee_strong
    Options
    i'm new as well, this is like my third day and really motivated to lose weight. for about 3 years i've been trying and unsuccessful, no motivation and friends to help me when i lose focus. need some friends to help with this journey and understand where i'm coming from! :) 28yr old Saskatchewan Canada
  • miss4sure
    miss4sure Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This is a fun and supportive community. I love it and you will too. I find much encouragement here and lots of cheering on which is important for those down days!!! Good luck to you and see you around. :drinker: (go ahead and friend me, and we can cheer each other on!)
  • cvillneauve
    Options
    Sounds like we are on a similar mission. We could all use a little support. I have sent you a friend request.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    it is not a regime... regimes are strict and eating better is not strict.. enjoy the foods you like just dont od on them. take everything in moderation and you will be fine...
  • dbustamante76
    Options
    Welcome to MFP im always looking to make new friends.
  • bertabird
    Options
    43 in NM and I love MFP! With the support from MFP and my MFP friends, I have lost 59 pounds since April. I am excited for you! I too found committment hard to come by. But, after dealing with it for sooooo long, I got tired of being tired and sloooooow.

Since losing the weight I have begun a FAT FIGHTERS group in my area and I also help ladies in my area with their weight loss issues. I love being a weight loss coach. I love seeing their results, as well as mine!

I will kick ya in the butt when ya need it and cheer you on too!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My wife is successful doing a week on and a week off. She's dropped 10 pounds in two months without really trying very hard. She tries to make some right choices one week and then does well the next. I on the other hand have dropped 90 in less than four months... The question is how hard are you willing to push yourself over the long term and stay after it. If you have to do a week or two on then a week off then do it.
  • cloudwatcher7
    Options
    Hello
    My name is Donetta. I am new at this. I hae been journaling for about a week now. Pretty excited about this but need some motivation friends. I need to do more exercises. I really need to lose the weight.
    Thanks
    Donetta
  • mynewoutlook
    mynewoutlook Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also new (again, but seriously this time! I think) and in need of friends to keep each other motivated - and accountable. Feeling better about this time if there are people I could do this with who understand. I'm 34, want to lose 20 pounds, but more importantly I want to feel more in control of what I eat and when. Anyone looking for a buddy to stay on track, would love to find someone (or many ones!)!
    -Laura