Getting back on it after a slump...

Options
I have lost 21lbs so far over around 7/8 weeks and was feeling really good about it, finding things were getting easier - going to the gym was fun and I was easily able to eat within my allowance most days.

And then I went out dinner last Friday with some friends and I don't know what happened, but I have just lost all enthusiasm and am finding it really difficult to get back to where I was mentally before hand. Now going to the gym is a chore and I can't be bothered and I have been eating soooo much over the past week.

I'm going to try and make a clean start again tomorrow, going to the gym first thing in the morning and making sure to stay in my calorie allowance but its so hard at the moment.

Does anyone else have an experience like this? Does it get easier?!

K xxx

Replies

• WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm in a bit of a slump right now....just feel like I lost my motivation.
    I still go to the gym, but logging food and being accountable to myself have slipped a little. I need to refocus and get my butt in gear once again!
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had almost an identical experience 8 months ago and ended up re-gaining 15 lbs of the weight I lost. I don't recommend it. Get back on track!! Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • MsLTJ71
    MsLTJ71 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with the same problem. Been laxed on my journey for 2 mos and gained 9 lbs of the 54 I lost. This week I am trying to re-boot myself and had several good workouts this week to the point where I was able to get up early today and jog. I have friends at my job as well and we workout after work together which is also something to help me get the drive back. I think if you push for a good workout it may come back to you. Good Luck!! We All Need IT!!
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    One day occasionally shouldn't hurt your progress, but you will have to find ways to keep yourself motivated and accountable for the long haul.

I set rewards for myself, not based on weight lost, but on progress, so 50 consecutive days of careful food logging is maybe a new pair of shoes. 90 days of following a work out plan consistently might be something bigger.

It happens though, it's hard to do every day. I've been really good about logging my food all week and staying in my calories, but my once excellent record of exercise has been pathetic this week, I'm mentally hard on myself about it but that does help, but the goals really do.
  • AnneMelody
    AnneMelody Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have been in exactly the same frame of mind for the last few weeks! i am driving myself nuts, I have lost the plot completely, I don't know if it is to do with the shorter days, but my get up and go definitely got up and went, so if you do get any inspiration, please send some my way!! :) xx
  • heartwarmer22
    heartwarmer22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I'm in a slump too. Lost 78lbs & have gained 8 back. Been eating horrible the last few weeks & just can't seem to find my motivation. Set a small goal. That is what I am going to do. Good luck! :)
  • divincenzo1
    Options
    I find that if you have been eating unhealthy or too much your body makes you feel almost lazy and sluggish. That of course makes the gym that much harder and takes the fun out of it. Maybe start fresh tomorrow do the gym in the morning...be sure to eat right after...my 2 favorite post gym snacks (breakfast) are either an english muffin with peanut butter or an english muffin with the new jiff hazlenut spread . You'll get back into it...don't be too hard on yourself.
  • Niki_Fawn
    Niki_Fawn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did this last week. Sounds like you may be getting bored with the gym or same routine? Have you tried taking classes? The support of my peers and the trainers in the classes help me get into it. Sometimes i get so excited I can't sleep that night because I want to go back so badly. You could also call a friend and maybe go play tennis or something. Don't break your back trying to diet. Make it something reasonable. Like a lifestyle. The biggest probelm I have when I fall of is being prepared with my meals. It's ok to go out, have fun every now and then but you don't have to eat everything on your plate. And I won't give up drinking, haha. But I don't need to drink the whole dang bottle o booze. I try to stick to Potato Vodka and soda water.

If you really want it, it's acheivable. You can make it a lifestyle and not feel like you are missing out.

I hope this helps :)
    I have lost 21lbs so far over around 7/8 weeks and was feeling really good about it, finding things were getting easier - going to the gym was fun and I was easily able to eat within my allowance most days.

And then I went out dinner last Friday with some friends and I don't know what happened, but I have just lost all enthusiasm and am finding it really difficult to get back to where I was mentally before hand. Now going to the gym is a chore and I can't be bothered and I have been eating soooo much over the past week.

I'm going to try and make a clean start again tomorrow, going to the gym first thing in the morning and making sure to stay in my calorie allowance but its so hard at the moment.

Does anyone else have an experience like this? Does it get easier?!

K xxx
  • Niki_Fawn
    Niki_Fawn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! Great job on the weight loss!