New Favorite Meal! Husband is excited for leftovers!!

Options
ready4change
ready4change Posts: 151 Member
Chicken Spaghetti

Serves 8

Ingredients:
8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
2 celery ribs, chopped
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Directions:
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the soup, mushrooms, spaghetti, chicken and cheese; toss to coat.
2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bacon; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.

I figured this to have 290 calories a serving.

This is one of the most tasteful & filling meals I've had in a long time! My husband said it tasted like something that you'd have in a restaurant and I don't get that comment very easily! It was delicious!

Replies

• gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    sounds yummy. I'll have t try it.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • yogadiva
    yogadiva Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm going to try that this weekend. It sounds soooo good!
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    mmm this sound VERY good.
    But I think it has more than 290 cals a serving?
    pasta is VERY High cals 1 cup of spaghetti is around 210 cals and each can of mushroom soup is 250... add the cheese, butter an chicken alone and I think it's quite a bit more.

I know when I just eat regular pasta with a jar of tomatoe sauce its over 350 cals for a cup. And pasta is my weakness. :(
  • featherrs
    featherrs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ready4change
    Options
    pasta is VERY High cals 1 cup of spaghetti is around 210 cals and each can of mushroom soup is 250... add the cheese, butter an chicken alone and I think it's quite a bit more.

I know when I just eat regular pasta with a jar of tomatoe sauce its over 350 cals for a cup. And pasta is my weakness. :(

I thought so too, but I measured out the exact weight & put it in the database exactly. There really isn't all that much past in this dish. I cut the recipe in 1/2 & only put in 4 oz. of spaghetti. W/ the recipe cut in 1/2, it still made 4-5 servings. I also used light margarine. (Country Crock in the yellow tub)

If someone else finds a different calculation, let me know, but I've checked mine over a couple times!
    I also used Campbells Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!!!
  • Crawline
    Crawline Posts: 1,028
    Options
    Oh, sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try soon!!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options

I thought so too, but I measured out the exact weight & put it in the database exactly. There really isn't all that much past in this dish. I cut the recipe in 1/2 & only put in 4 oz. of spaghetti. W/ the recipe cut in 1/2, it still made 4-5 servings. I also used light margarine. (Country Crock in the yellow tub)

If someone else finds a different calculation, let me know, but I've checked mine over a couple times!

Well in that case, I gotta try some of that!
  • ready4change
    Options

Well in that case, I gotta try some of that!

I know -- I just had some more of it as leftovers & it was still delicious! I was STUFFED afterwards as well!
  • yogamazinglife
    yogamazinglife Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Based on original recipe the nutrition is thus:

Calories 319 Calories from Fat 162
    Total Fat 18.0g
    Saturated Fat 8.6g
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 75mg
    Sodium 712mg
    Total Carbohydrates 18.7g
    Dietary Fiber 0.5g
    Sugars 1.8g
    Protein 20.1g

Vitamin A 7% • Vitamin C 7%
    Calcium 16% • Iron 11%

and this is based on 12 servings (or 6 servings if the recipe is cut in half as previously suggested.)
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    bump
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    how big would you say a serving is? Thinking of making this weekend!
  • ready4change
    Options
    how big would you say a serving is? Thinking of making this weekend!

I don't know exact measurements, like cups or anything. I'm just weird and "divide it" before anyone digs into it. That way when I scoop out mine, I know it was 1/6 of the meal. (or whatever the serving size is)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Made this tonight, I like it, paired with a crisp green salad.
  • sodulaney
    Options
    Sounds a lot like Chicken Tetrazzini.

By the way, I've never posted before... what's "bump"?
  • ready4change
    Options
    Sounds a lot like Chicken Tetrazzini.

By the way, I've never posted before... what's "bump"?

When I found this recipe, I was looking for a Chicken Tetrazzini recipe & stumbled across this one instead. You're right, it is a lot like it... a few less peppers I think? I'm not sure.
  • hcwhipple
    Options
    I love tetrazzini! * BUMP*