Bags of frozen chicken breasts question

Options
Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
Please help ! I buy the frozn breast from meijers, they say to bake w/out thawing, but they always turn out rubbery, I've tried thawing first. Any suggestions ?

Replies

• WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    buy a different brand?
    I buy frozen chicken breasts and mine aren't rubbery.

ETA: I have tried other brands and some are really gross. Slimy and smell funny, I knew that wasn't the greatest quality chicken :indifferent:

I buy mine at M&M Meat Shops, not sure if they have that in the US though.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of that before, but I have bought frozen breasts that I cooked from frozen that came out yummy. It must be the brand. Honestly, I like Smart Chicken the best. It is all free range chicken.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    Tyson sometimes or meijer brand is what I use. Going to try some again tonight. In the crock pot they turn out great, but in the oven, rubber.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    Wondering if anyone uses oven bags like u wrap a turkey in, along with some seasonings?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Wondering if anyone uses oven bags like u wrap a turkey in, along with some seasonings?

I do that with chicken on the bone, but never with boneless. Try it and let us know!
  • armoursd
    armoursd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would suggest buying fresh and make enough for a few days and freeze the fresh ones yourself. Costs a little more, but much better.
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I get a bag of Perdue Perfect Portions. Its not in the frozen section, its in the actual meat department but they are wrapped separately so you can freeze them and take them out one at a time. They arent rubbery at all!