27 years old with 150 to lose

Options

Replies

• NipponBound
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. 27 and I'm 340LBs, I want to get down to 150 and see how I feel from there! Just keep going in the right direction and remember: "In all your adversities there lies the seeds of equivalent advantages. In every defeat there is a lesson showing you how to win the next time"

Good luck on your journey, keep your head up and eyes on your goal!
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    27 years and 150 lbs.

Sweet.

If you follow (rigidly) MFP, you'll do that in a year point five or so. Then you've got the rest of your life to be lookin' good and feelin' fit.

Such a deal.

From twice your age and lost 90 lb.
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Mate. You can do this xxx
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Hey buddy! I started when I was 20 (22 now) at 370lbs. You can do it! You already have the desire to change, and that's the biggest first step.

Add me if you'd like and feel free to message me if you ever need help or advice. I respond to all messages.

Good luck!
  • queentitania
    Options
    I'm 36, and I have lost 105 pounds with about 45 left to go. It is possible. If my lazy butt can do it and be active, then anyone can. Start slow, don't look at the big picture. Each day is a new day, and it is a marathon, not a sprint. Little changes DO make a difference, and you can build from there until a healthy lifestyle is not only a habit, but something you protect, cherish, and enjoy each and every day. You will feel better. You will be amazed at the changes in your body, your attitude, and your energy levels. I just bought my first pair of skinny jeans today, for the first time EVER which is a far cry from my fatso size 26 wedding dress. I wish you all the motivation and willpower to change your life!
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You are gonna rock this! You are so young and will tackle this with no problem! Stay motivated and keep your eyes on the prize!
    Cheers!

True story: The first time I read this through I read "keep your eyes on the pizza". Well, crap...
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I Love all the encouragement here. you've made some HUGE steps. you've Decided. you've Committed! Hit that gym, do what works for YOU. When you have to, you'll switch it up again. Can't wait to watch the "after" pictures as they keep changing!

Feel free to friend me if you want more friends here
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I will send you a friend request! I am 24 and I am trying to lose about 100 pounds. I am also a fellow Kansas resident.:smile: I live in Overland Park
  • debetron
    Options
    Hi, Im 28 looking to lose around 60lbs. been overweight far too long, and want to be healthier for my two girls.
  • ravenforest3009
    ravenforest3009 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Stay focused and tell yourself everyday that you are worth all the effort. Stay on track, count your calories, add exercise, find good friends who support you. Just don't expect miracles. Take your time and you will become a slimmer you.
    ( all my toes and fingers crossed for you).
    Greetings from across the pond.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Good news is; You're young enough that you've got time to get out in front of this. I started at around 340 at age 28. It's a lifestyle, it's not something you start and stop. You just do. Also, I'm local. I work in Wichita, and commute from Hutch. You can send me a FR, and a personal mail if you have any questions.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Jed I've lost all my weight without surgery anybody is free to add me for support i have another 52 lbs to my goal
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Remember, take it one day at a time. You have plenty of support here.. Just stay focused!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi & Welcome! You can definitely do this. One step at time....no pun intended. :happy:
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I added you! I was 20 years old with 200+lbs to lose, so I know what you're going through. Now, at 28 years old, I have 25lbs left to lose to finally be healthy! You can do this... just hang in there, stay dedicated and make your new habits a LIFESTYLE change, not just a diet. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi & Welcome! You can definitely do this. One step at time....no pun intended. :happy:

HarHar. I HATE steppers. But they've been good to me, I suppose.
  • gracesway
    gracesway Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started at 260, lost 85lb, then I started this program (and I love it) ... My biggest pieces of advice is to make sure you have markers of your success OTHER than the number on the scale... How quickly you complete a mile, take your measurements. If you depend on the scale, at some point you get frustrated. . . and its nice to be able to point to other achievements.

Also, don't forget its a LONG process... it may take years, and thats ok.

You'll be Amazing!
  • agamy4
    agamy4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is completely doable! You need to set yourself small goals like 10 lbs intervals. Don't look at it as losing 150 lbs because the thought of that may be discouraging. Even losing that 10 lbs is a success!! Stay motivated!!
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi Sean!

You're the first person I've run into from Kansas... well at least since I moved here :) Great job starting this journey! I've got a ton to lose myself. Good luck and great job starting it!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You are off to a great start. As a math guy, you should like counting calories so you are in the right place. Recommend, if you haven't yet, get a kitchen scale. It has helped me immensely.