Calling all new moms!

Options
Lets drop that baby weight together! I gained 60 lbs during my pregancy. (Lost 30 of it after my 6 week recovery period) My daughter is now 4 months old. Meaning i have been trying to lose weight for 4 months now! I have lost 8 lbs...NOT ENOUGH!

Let's band together and encourage one another! WHO'S WITH ME?!

WE SHALL NOT BE CHUBBY FOREVAAA!

Replies

• bootifulisa
    Options
    Agree!! I'm in with you! We can do it!
  • chigau_me
    Options
    I started working on my "baby" weight a month ago ... 7lb down so far :) about 90 lb more to go!
  • Jenelahi
    Jenelahi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome! looking forward. i gained 15lbs with each kid. i'm looking to lose the after-marriage weight, and the weight i gained after the kids, lets call it, survival weight, loll
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone...My LO is 9 months old. I'm down 42 pounds, 5 more to go, but I'm shooting for 10 or so more after that! I'm still breastfeeding, but weight has not dropped off me with that! I just do it for the health benefits to my baby and for the bonding. I also BF my son for 12 months. Anyways, I'm in with you all. Anyone that wants to add me, feel free!
  • swells1604
    swells1604 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I had my baby 2 days after my birthday in May! He is almost 6 months now. I dropped 20 lbs within a week of giving birth and have stayed at the same weight ever since. I joined last week to get the rest of this weight off (approximately 35 lbs) to get to my goal weight. Please feel free to add me and I look forward to dropping weight and getting in shape with you ladies!
  • bootifulisa
    Options
    Hi, everyone...My LO is 9 months old. I'm down 42 pounds, 5 more to go, but I'm shooting for 10 or so more after that! I'm still breastfeeding, but weight has not dropped off me with that! I just do it for the health benefits to my baby and for the bonding. I also BF my son for 12 months. Anyways, I'm in with you all. Anyone that wants to add me, feel free!

My youngest is 14 months and I still BF! I was hoping BF would make my fat disappear, but no luck lol Congrats on the weight loss thats great!
  • shanniebanannie73
    Options
    My LO is 10 months old - I got to my prepregnancy weight by 9 months, but I was 40 lbs overweight when I got pregnant - Still have 40 to go. Didn't loose a single ounce breastfeeding for 7 months :( and I think postpartum depression kept a lot of those pounds on... Feeling much better now and would LOVE to hear how any other moms (especially those that work full time, like me) fit exercise into their schedule.
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old! I gained 45 lbs and have 5 left... And 5-10 more after that :) feel free to add me!!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies !

I am not a "new" mom but I know where you are all coming from. My daughters are 3.5 and 5.5 years old. I started gaining weight after I got married. So I got married in August 2005 and weighed 125lbs (size 5). Within 6 months I balloned up to 140lbs. I got pregnant with my first daughter and went all the way up to 200lbs. After having her....without any diet or exercise my body went down to 170lbs (which is still alot for me since I am only 5`2.5 inches tall). I got pregnant with my 2nd daughter and went back up to 200lbs. I was down to about 183lbs (size 13) after the baby was born.....and being a busy working mom I didn`t have the energy to do anything about it. 1.5 years ago I had enough. I felt sad, ugly and out of shape. If I was sitting on the floor playing with my daughters, I would have to roll on to my knees to stand back up again....WAKE UP CALL !!!! So I joined MFP, started exercising and counting my calories. I have managed to get to the lowest of 133lbs (size 5) .....though to be honest I have gained 5 lbs recently and I am determined to lose that plus the 10lbs that I never loss to bring me to my goal weight.

I just wanted to say that you CAN do it ! It is possible. It's a challenge, but a healthy mom is a happy mom and that is great for the kids and hubby!

Time, hard work and perserverance.... I am here if anyone needs support, and I would love to have your support as I continue on my journey :) My motto " Never give up !!! "
  • sabgoe
    sabgoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have two boys, a 2.5 year old and a 8 months old. I am still breastfeeding my younger one. Dropped a ton of weight since he was born by eating a healthy 1800-2000 calories a day. I am about to finish the C25K. On the days I run, I usually eat 2200-2300 calories a day. The weight is still coming off! Anyone feel free to add me!
  • bamarider
    Options
    Hello everyone!! My little Munchkin is 10 weeks old. I had a weight loss goal seet before I found out that I was pregnant, so I want to keep aiming for that weight. I have lost all of the baby weight and a little extra. I still have about 20 lbs to get to the pre-prego goal. Let's see if we can hit those goals. :bigsmile:
  • jennieb75
    jennieb75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Not so "new" anymore... but I'm here too! :) My twin boys are turning 1 this November! I started losing the baby weight about 2 months ago (I'd lost the first 25 of 55lbs right after their birth but the remaining 30 plus the 20lbs I was already over were not budging). I'm down 12 or 13lbs so far but have at least 35lbs more to go.
    Good luck ladies!! :)
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi mamas! My LO is almost 6 months old. I lost 20lbs of my pregnancy weight 2 months after I had her; breast feeding helped. But I have been at a stand still since then. Its crazy hard; I started a 90 day workout program and after 2 weeks... NOTHING! I know it takes awhile but its a bit discouraging. So I started myfitnesspal hopeing it will aide in my battle against the bulge, lol. I have 60lbs more to go (my baby weight plus some - I was curvy before becoming a mom). Knowing Im not alone really helps!! We can all do this, I mean after all we are MOMS :wink:
  • lattyse
    lattyse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mommy. I have a 3 month old. So haven't been trying to lose weight that long due to complications with a c-section. Just started to take losing weight serious :)
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :). My LO is 3.5 weeks old and although I've lost all the weight from the baby (25lbs) I still have 17lbs I want to lose :). Won't be exercising for another 3 weeks (at least-c-section) I'm tracking calories until then.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I seem to be forever in the trying to lose baby weight mode. ;) I have about 6 more pounds till my wedding weight and would like to lose another 10 after that. If you were to add all the baby weight together I have gained 275 pounds. Six left doesn't sounds so bad does it. :tongue: I am not one who drops the weight easily. I have come home from the hospital weighing what I did going in.:huh: Not sure how that is possible! Anyway, I have done this before and will do it again and hopefully before the next one is on its way. Feel free to add me as we are on this baby weight loss journey.
  • Kbjust4me
    Options
    Mom of a four month old bumping to read later :wink:
  • hnstipanovich
    hnstipanovich Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a new mom, my LO is 6 months old and I work full time. I am definately in. I am back to my prepregnancy weight as well, but was overweight before. I bought an elliptical on craigs list three weeks ago for like $75 and it was the best investment I ever made. Now after my daughter goes to bed, I go down and jump on the elliptical and watch tv with my husband. He is also on MFP which helps alot with motivation.
  • MegZuchini
    MegZuchini Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, Girls! I have a 4 years old and a 7 weeks old baby. I believe I lost the baby weight (I didn't know how much I gain... I've never asked the doc!) But I was already overweight and I have 30 pounds to go. We are all adjusting our lives with the new baby and I am trying to figure out when I will work out. I was very tired during the pregnancy and didn't work out at all. I hope to have a new body in one year from now.
  • tchristine01
    tchristine01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a 3 month old. Lost 20 lbs in the first few weeks, then got stuck. Have 10lbs to my ultimate goal, but have a history of struggling with those last pounds for years. I was very close to ultimate goal weight when I got pregnant and want to get back there at my one year mark from finding out I was pregnant, 12/23/12. With my new little one and full time work, I find it hard to get my full workouts in. Feel free to add me. Always willing to motivate and would love help staying motivated.